none
Why does WLW resize my youtube videos, and any large images?

Question

• Whenever I copy the embed info from a youtube video I usually set it to 480 width as optimum for my blog posts, however, it always resizes them to 425, (as well as changing the height) so I have to manually go into the blog post (into wordpress as I use word press software for my blog) and modify the width and heights.  Also when I submit an image say at full hd (720p say 1280x720) WLW always resizes my image to half that (I don't mean thumbnails I mean to what it actually uploads to the server).

Why is this so?
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:09 PM

All replies

• I mean that 425 is default option of embedded videos on youtube andLive Writer meaybe calculating with same value.

In menu of Image "Link To" is set link to "original image", click on options (or preferences, just button below) and choose in "size" option "original size".
    Monday, November 23, 2009 6:58 PM
  • No offense but this doesn't tell me much.  Sounds like you are replying to another message you wrote.  I usually set the embedded vid size on youtube, but then WLW changes it to 425 for the width.

As far as images go, while Link To has the "Source Picture" as option, it will still upload a half size picture.  The "Original Image" size on the advanced tab refers to how the "thumbnail" appears on the blog page, not how the image itself will upload.

Anyone have any answers to this?

I have to manually set the youtube embedded video size in wordpress directly, and upload the full size source images if I want to upload hdtv resolution images.
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:10 PM
  • Well here we are almost 2 years later and having the same problem with the youtube video inserts.  If I have it set to a certain size in the embed code, and tell WLW to insert it into the post, it always sets the resolution to 425 x 355 -- for some reason just won't use the size I set in youtube.
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:05 PM