none
MCTS Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having 4 years experience in asp.net 1.1, asp.net 2.0 and now I am working with asp.net 4.0 but unfortunately not using asp.net 4.0 features for e.g I’m still using datagrid instead of GridView L  And I am not updated with new Microsoft technologies like MVC , Silverlight , WPF , WCF and LINQ  L

I want to upgrade my dot net technology and I want to do MCTS in visual studio 2010.

Could you please let me know is doing MCTS in visual studio 2010 my correct decision?

let me know about MCTS - visual studio 2010 – examinations papers?

How many exams I need to clear?

What is the Fee for every exam?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Deepak sharma

Monday, May 2, 2011 7:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Deepak,

Yes all those exams exist and give MCTS certification,  70-515 is the exam which is specifically for the web and tests mainly traditional asp.net and also MVC.

So you only need to take 70-515 to become MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications.

If you wish to become MCPD Web Developer 4 then you would require 70-513 and 70-516 as well as the MCPD exam 70-519.

70-511 is Windows only (covering WPF and traditional windows model) there is no reason to take this if you are a web only developer.

If you want to get a certification in Silverlight then you could take 70-506 it is a stand alone qualification.

The natural path for a web developer would be to get 70-515 then 70-716 to show ADO.Net skills then 70-513 for WCF skills.  Followed by attaining MCPD.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ozzy Geoff

Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Deepak,

Your experience is mainly in asp.net so MCTS Web Application Development with Framework 4.0 seems a good choice.

There is only one exam required 70-515

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-515&locale=en-us

The Fee is dependent on your region and is going up on the 1st of July.

Go to http://www.prometric.com for current price and

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-pricing-FAQ.aspx for new price.

Kind Regards

Ozzy Geoff

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 11:52 AM
  • Hi Ozzy,

Thank you for your reply.

But Someone told me about below exams for MCTS for asp.net 4.0

Exam 70-511: TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Exam 70-515: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Exam 70-513: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Exam 70-516: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Exam 70-506: TS: Silverlight 4, Development

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx?#tab2

Please suggest.

Best Regards

Deepak sharma

Thursday, May 5, 2011 3:56 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Yes all those exams exist and give MCTS certification,  70-515 is the exam which is specifically for the web and tests mainly traditional asp.net and also MVC.

So you only need to take 70-515 to become MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications.

If you wish to become MCPD Web Developer 4 then you would require 70-513 and 70-516 as well as the MCPD exam 70-519.

70-511 is Windows only (covering WPF and traditional windows model) there is no reason to take this if you are a web only developer.

If you want to get a certification in Silverlight then you could take 70-506 it is a stand alone qualification.

The natural path for a web developer would be to get 70-515 then 70-716 to show ADO.Net skills then 70-513 for WCF skills.  Followed by attaining MCPD.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ozzy Geoff

Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:32 AM
  • I would say 

The natural path for a web developer would be to get 70-515 then 70-516 to show ADO.Net skills then 70-513 for WCF skills. 

Followed by attaining MCPD (exam 70-519).

Cheers!

Thursday, May 5, 2011 2:20 PM
  • Thank you so much Ozzy for your guidance.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:29 AM
  • hi can you tell me from where i can get dumps(free) for mcts 70506 exam??
    Dumps are strictly prohibited from asking/sharing. Doing so, you may loose all your certifications and will be banned for life-time from taking MS Certifications
    Hope this info helps - Rakesh
    Friday, August 5, 2011 1:47 PM