Customer Portal CRM 2011, need create a site manually in IIS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, everyone!

I would like help to make the Customer Portal for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 (on-premise) run normally.

Already, I get to import and copy content the of website (websitecopy) following the documentation.

But, what's need do now?. Create a site manually in IIS?

Thanks in advance

• Moved by Kimberlee Johnson Monday, May 23, 2011 9:44 PM Customer Portal setup questions (From:Dynamics CRM)
    Monday, May 23, 2011 7:44 PM

Answers

• Yes, that would be one of the next steps.  Since you indicated that you started the process by following the documentation, keep reading it - it will cover how to set up your IIS website too.  The next section after using website copy is how to register for Live ID, then modify your web.config files and set up your site in IIS.
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Friday, May 27, 2011 2:24 AM

All replies

• Yes, that would be one of the next steps.  Since you indicated that you started the process by following the documentation, keep reading it - it will cover how to set up your IIS website too.  The next section after using website copy is how to register for Live ID, then modify your web.config files and set up your site in IIS.
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Friday, May 27, 2011 2:24 AM
  • Hello People.
    I´m implementing the Customer Portal for OnPremise CRM.
    In the "Customer Portal Deployment Guide On Premises
    v2.0", I have the following questions:

"Says: 4.Register your application using a Windows Live ID (any WLID account that you would like to use to manage your Windows Live applications can be used). Registering your application allows Windows Live to authenticate with your web portal application. Go to https://live.azure.com. Click the Add an application link:"

Question 1:
    I think I don´t need to do this step, because My CRM is OnPremise.  Is that Correct??

Objective: My clients log in Customer Portal through a "User" or "Password". I think have to redirect this "User" to a "MS CRM User Account". 

Question 2:
    I already have "Customer Portal" in CRM->Content Management->Website->Active WebSites.  What is the Next Step?

Thanks in advanced.

Roxana Cevallos Q. -PARTNER-

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:32 PM
  • just to let you know.. I just downloaded the portal for on-premise and in the guide,

it ends at the live id registration thing.

it doesnt' tell you what to do with IIS. I think that's why people are asking. maybe you have a different version of the guide?

Friday, September 21, 2012 10:08 PM
  • Hi,

anybody a solution/manual for install the portal web site in IIS?
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:48 PM
  • Where can I find the corrent and full documentation for this product? All is fine until you get tot IIS install. Please can you help as this is driving me crazy!

Sys admin Beta test

Thursday, July 4, 2013 12:35 PM
  • I unfortunately don't have control over the installation documentation to add the necessary steps for IIS.  That said, it is just a standard IIS website with nothing special about it.  You can follow any ASP.NET instructions on how to set up a website in your environment.  For IIS, it is as simple as using the IIS Manager, create a new site, pointing it at your portal folder, and ensuring that the application pool is set to using .Net 4.0 framework and the integrated pipeline.

The documentation on the Adxstudio community site gives you more information.  Here is the url:  https://community.adxstudio.com/products/adxstudio-portals/installation-operations-guide/set-up-starter-portals/

Thursday, July 4, 2013 6:36 PM