Outlook - RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to set up MS Office Outlook on my WHS pointing to a private named share folder that I can get to by my other computer log on’s. Is this possible? What I want is 1 place my mail goes too and I can retrieve it "all" from, either as my desktop pc or from my mobile machine notebook and optional on a mobile windows phone. Yes, I can do the web based email connections but the “sent” folder data is never there nor can be found on any other PC, it is only on that local machine or device. But I would like it to be a single share point folder but a private share - not just user named folder share. Maybe the Opening of Outlook could read a stored pst file on the server and at the close it updates the server and deletes it off the current PC. That way no matter what PC or device I log onto I have the "entire folder and file information up to date". At least that is what I would like! Or it could just exchange the differences between the current or local saved and new save and then connect to all other accounts and download just it. No downloading of everything again and deleting the unwanted stuff as that is what has happened on my mobile device. Mobile is nice but it can not do all that needs to be done.

I tried to set up outlook express on the server and that gets no positive results at all. Don't know enough to deal with the server "Mail Exchange" application. Thought about loading MS Office with Outlook onto the server machine but I have not found any real solutions from researching that the server could do this for me at least from what this site pages here have shown me. On my 1 PC, here I have linked 4 mail accounts that I get information and mail from. But I need to be moving between my desktop and my notebook and maybe my phone as the local share points for me. Is there an App out here to do just that with? It sure would make life simpler especially with mobile alerts and verification notices.

Anything? Anybody?

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:36 PM

All replies

• I would like to set up MS Office Outlook on my WHS pointing to a private named share folder that I can get to by my other computer log on’s. Is this possible? 

No, this isn't possible. Per Microsoft, storing an Outlook .pst file in a network share will (not may, will) eventually cause corruption of the file.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 2:37 AM