Raid install on HP Proliant Microserver Fails RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded & unzipped the only sata raid drivers available for this server from HP. I have placed these drivers on a usb flash drive & am attempting to install WHs from the original oem install DVD.

I have configured the system with the original 250GB sata (OS Drive) & 2 X 2TB sata as a Raid 1 (Data drive).

When I attempt to install the raid drivers I get a message that the oemtxt.inf is missing, but the install appears to progress normally.

The install fails out at some random point during the copy process & the log shows at the end, "waiting for the disk to have sufficient space" (I am paraphrasing.)

Any suggestions?

HP info is limited & do not include WHS support.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:02 PM

All replies

• The only drivers they have available are the 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2 drivers (plus Linux), which if you are using WHS2011, are exactly what you should need. Try pointing the installation to the i386\AHCIx86s.inf file.

If you are trying to install WHS1, it looks as though you are out of luck unless you can find suitable drivers on the AMD site.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:57 PM