Default route RRS feed

• Question

• I want to specify a default route to a clearing house, like in LCS 2005. On the Edge Server OCS management, on the Status tab under General Settings one of the fields shown is "Default Route: <None>", but I can't find where to set it. Am I missing something? Is this functionality still available, is it compatible with LC 2005 based clearing house servers?

Friday, May 11, 2007 11:04 AM

Answers

• Default route (also known as "use a Clearinghouse" mode) is still supported in OCS 2007 but is now accessible only through WMI, since it is not a mainstream deployment scenario. The relevant WMI class on the AP is MSFT_SIPFederationExternalEdgeSetting:

• "DefaultRoute" is the FQDN of the Clearinghouse.
    • "EnableFederation" must be TRUE.
    • "IsClearinghouse" must be FALSE.
    • "AllowRemoteUsersCommunicateWithAnyDomain" must be FALSE.
    • "AllowAllDomainsForAutoFederation" must be FALSE.

If everything is correct, you will see an informational event in the OCS application event log:

Id=14513

The server was configured to use a Clearinghouse [%1]. Discovery of federation partners is not supported when using a Clearinghouse.

where [%1] is the FQDN that you configured.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:42 PM

All replies

• Default route (also known as "use a Clearinghouse" mode) is still supported in OCS 2007 but is now accessible only through WMI, since it is not a mainstream deployment scenario. The relevant WMI class on the AP is MSFT_SIPFederationExternalEdgeSetting:

• "DefaultRoute" is the FQDN of the Clearinghouse.
    • "EnableFederation" must be TRUE.
    • "IsClearinghouse" must be FALSE.
    • "AllowRemoteUsersCommunicateWithAnyDomain" must be FALSE.
    • "AllowAllDomainsForAutoFederation" must be FALSE.

If everything is correct, you will see an informational event in the OCS application event log:

Id=14513

The server was configured to use a Clearinghouse [%1]. Discovery of federation partners is not supported when using a Clearinghouse.

where [%1] is the FQDN that you configured.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:42 PM
  • What is "Clearing House"?

When I need use?

tks,

Bruno

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:34 PM
  • A clearinghouse is an enterprise that serves as a gateway for a bunch of domains, typically members of an umbrella organization such as Reuters. The more common scenario these days is public domain hosting, which you would configure on your edge server using allowed partner domains on OCS 2007 (formerly known as enhanced federation in LCS 2005 SP1).

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:15 PM