Media Center permissions not setting correctly? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just come across something a bit odd. I've got a Windows 7 PC running Media Center and an Xbox 360 connected to it.  I've created a few shares on WHS 2011 as equivalents to those on my existing WHS box.  Two examples are a TV share and a Films share, both of which are set to share with specific users as well as the HomeGroup.  I've added both TV and Films as shares on the Media Center PC without problems.  Similar story on the extender, except today I noticed that the Films folder wasn't showing on the extender.  Thinking it wasn't in the library I went to manage the library, only to find it was already listed.  I checked the permissions on WHS using the dashboard and they were the same for the TV and Films shares.  However, when I dropped back to Windows and checked the permissions with Explorer then I noticed that the TV share had a couple of MC-machinename accounts listed with access whereas the Films share didn't.  I added those in manually and it's fixed the extender issue.  I'm not sure what's supposed to add those accounts in, but it doesn't seem to be working reliably.

Mike

Friday, March 4, 2011 7:56 PM