• Question

• Hi,

I tried to create a new project of type 'MonoGame Content Project for All
    Platforms' from Visual Studio 2010 but I am always getting an error:

'The template specified cannot be found. Please check that the full path is
    correct.'

I run Windows 8 Pro and would like to port a game, using MonoGame, to Metro
    and hopefully Windows Phone also.

I used the MonoGame Installer 3.0 beta and didn't modify anything.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:56 AM

Answers

• The UI Design for Windows Store apps  forum is for discussing how to design user interfaces for Windows Store apps. It is not an appropriate forum for coding questions.

You probably need to talk to the MonoGame folks about how to create MonoGame projects, but one likely problem is that you cannot write Windows Store apps or Windows Phone 8 apps in Visual Studio 2010. You will need Visual Studio 2012.

--Rob

Thursday, November 8, 2012 6:13 AM

All replies

• The UI Design for Windows Store apps  forum is for discussing how to design user interfaces for Windows Store apps. It is not an appropriate forum for coding questions.

You probably need to talk to the MonoGame folks about how to create MonoGame projects, but one likely problem is that you cannot write Windows Store apps or Windows Phone 8 apps in Visual Studio 2010. You will need Visual Studio 2012.

--Rob

Thursday, November 8, 2012 6:13 AM
  • Hi and thanks for the reply.

I am absolutely aware that I need Visual Studio 2012 to create Windows Store and Windows Phone 8 Apps, however I need Visual Studio 2010 for the MonoGame content processor.

I did't get a reply yet from the MonoGame team, and I figured that I am probably not the only one out there that is using this 3rd party Framework, so here I am, asking for help. ;)

Thursday, November 8, 2012 10:05 PM