none
Marking Answers shows no history: more info RRS feed

• General discussion

• http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/transactsql/thread/045cb5b4-38dd-4e1c-a31c-977bbb259602

Basically, each day about 5 or 6 of my answers end up being marked but no history and no credit for the answer. I do really want this bug fixed and I do hope that my points and answers will be re-calculated once the bug is corrected, because I already lost at least 3K points due to this bug.

BTW, I am sure I saw the answer marked in green (but no history), but now I do not see green mark in that thread. Perhaps something was done and answers which were marked (but no history) will now appear not marked.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:16 PM

All replies

• Updated the title for clarity.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:03 AM
    Owner
  • To send more info to the product team, email "fissues".

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:04 AM
    Owner
  • Ed,

I sent a few cases of this particular issue today to fissues. I can not send each case - they are too many. I'd say, every day 5-7 replies of mine get marked as answered without history. So, up to date I think the number of lost points is about 4K and the number of not credited answers is about 250.

My blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:08 AM
  • That's fine. I think one email a day is more than enough to get the point across to them. =^)

Thanks!

Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:14 AM
    Owner
  • Happens with marking as answer as well:

I marked this answer a few minutes ago. I don't know whether Sheng will get the Recognition Points or not. I received an "Unexpected Error" for the first try.

Regards,

Zoli

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:47 AM
  • Most likely he will not receive points for that. You can check his activity, if that activity is not there, then he will not get points. I suggest to vote this post as helpful to give at least 5 points.

My blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Isn't a symptom of this problem the number of points the Answerer has? I believe you cannot duplicate this unless you attempt to mark a post by someone with over 100,000 points.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:18 PM
  • I get the same problem with Kalman and Uri often also. They have over 50K points, so yes, the more points you have, the more chances for this problem you get.

My blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:23 PM
  • Just to log it: I tried to propose Shen's reply as an answer just now in the http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/thread/854b3aa7-655c-42f7-b225-e20c26b822c4 thread at least for ten times. "Unexpected error".
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:28 AM
  • And this is one of my latest answers marked without a history

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/visualfoxprogeneral/thread/7b31f1eb-f227-4838-90c0-8f447875a308

Can you vote it so I'll get some credit back?

My blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:45 PM
  • And this is another case where Erland's answer is marked, but again, no history

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/3b525107-e963-494e-9726-d0e1f9c9d335

My blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:48 PM
  • And this is another case where Erland's answer is marked, but again, no history

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/3b525107-e963-494e-9726-d0e1f9c9d335

My blog

HI Naomi !

I have unmarked and then Marked Erland's post as an answer and now its showing it in his activities.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:12 PM
  • It will show in his activities, but it will actually decrement his points if the original answer was marked by OP. I already found that unmarking and marking does not help as this new answer does not bring points.

My blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:15 PM
  • It will show in his activities, but it will actually decrement his points if the original answer was marked by OP. I already found that unmarking and marking does not help as this new answer does not bring points.

My blog

Ohh, i am sorry for that. I never meant to decrement anyone's point, i just tried to help him out with bringing back his points.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:52 AM
  • No problem at all. 

My blog

Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Updated the title for clarity.

I'm not sure.   I might have had one today which would be related.  I did something I rarely do:  I voted in the same thread and on the same session that I replied in.   As a result (perhaps?) I am not seeing my post mentioned in its Last Reply (even after a Ctrl-F5).   So, I went to my Activities and found that both had been recorded there.   Maybe there are sequences of events per thread which people should try avoiding?  Or perhaps do your voting in a different session?   Etc.

Robert
    ---

Friday, December 14, 2012 5:56 AM
  • BTW, the problem is still not fixed :(

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/a2839bc5-df77-43ed-9600-3cfd33438562

I keep answering and I keep receiving nothing for my answers :(

My blog

Monday, December 17, 2012 4:56 AM
  • Do you know when this problem is going to be fixed? I found few more samples today when my answer was marked but no credit and I tried to propose Uri's answer in this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/0e85da51-1c72-4db8-88c6-d02277101d79 and got that error instead.

My blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:29 PM
  • Attempting to propose Uri's answer in this thread  resulted in the error after about 30+ seconds of wheel spinning.

My blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:44 PM
  • And still problems with my own answers

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/transactsql/thread/0416d47e-50c6-4b64-880e-409b65831557

My blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:26 PM
  • This bug is more than 3 months old. When it is going to be fixed? It negatively affects me every day.

My blog

Monday, December 24, 2012 11:08 PM
  • I've been sending samples of the problem to fissues, but I am not getting any response. How will I know if my messages are received and that the bug is being worked?

It has been more than 3 months since the bug was introduced and so far I see no progress or resolution and I keep losing points daily.

My blog

Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:23 PM
  • I was under the impression that the guy counting points could not count beyond 39,000...

My points have been stuck for some time now.

Happy New Year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, December 28, 2012 12:45 AM
  • Nope, it works for you. I just voted your post as helpful and your points went up by 5 points.

My blog

Friday, December 28, 2012 12:58 AM
  • Nope-  I looked before I made my last post - 39,147 - same as last week.  No change.

Happy New Year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, December 28, 2012 1:08 AM
  • My suspicion is and has been that the points counters are working but the profile representation never gets updated.

....  Just a theory but it looks good.  Of course I am watching "The Big Bang - Higgs Boson" episode so anything is possible.

Happy New Year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, December 28, 2012 1:13 AM
  • Ok, how about now? :) Check in your profile, not in the thread.

My blog

Friday, December 28, 2012 1:36 AM
  • The theory (I think) is that once you get a certain number of points, then when someone marks your reply as an answer it may not show up in your profile and you may not get the points. I don't think I'm there yet, but I don't watch my points much. But I think my answers show up in my profile. Also I don't recall seeing a reply of mine marked as answer, but with no one given credit for marking the answer (at the bottom of the reply). If you see that, then I believe you don't get credit (in your profile or points). That's the bug (I think).

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, December 28, 2012 2:02 AM
  • Yes, that's exactly the bug. I've seen it happen with Erland, with Kalman, with Uri. I've been affected severely by this bug and I keep loosing.

My blog

Friday, December 28, 2012 2:04 AM
  • Here is most recent case of this bug - in this thread I attempted to propose Kalman's answer. After about 20 seconds of wheel spinning, it ended up with 'Unexpected Error'

My blog

Friday, December 28, 2012 2:09 AM
  • Ok, how about now? :) Check in your profile, not in the thread.

My blog

Ok - now it shows +5,

Happy New Year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, December 28, 2012 2:35 AM
  • ...and here's a revers situation....

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/3895e143-1013-4b15-98aa-b50f073444f7/

I attempted about 10 times yesterday to unmark the Answer - it was no longer relevant, and I'd marked it as the answer in the first place - and was hit by the bug every time. Went back to it just now, and it's showing as a 'Proposed' with no record of the unmark .

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:22 AM
    Answerer
  • it's showing as a 'Proposed' with no record of the unmark

What's showing in your Profile for that one?   Also, try opening it from your Profile?  Any change?

---

Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:01 PM
  • And here's another where no record of proposed answer. Got three unexpected errors trying to propose so upvoted and then it showed proposed on thread but not by anyone also no record of it in proposee or proposer activities.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/thread/93b8e549-b938-4f46-9fb2-212bef70b81e

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, January 5, 2013 4:11 PM
  • Yes - proposing an answer will very likely cause an error. Sometimes closing the browser and restarting overcomes this but most of the time it doesn't seem to help.

Happy New Year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:19 PM
  • For me reopening browser or switching to single thread view made no difference.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:46 PM
  • I have the same issue in this topic:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itproperf/thread/fa1cea79-4e46-4d90-a16d-7005bc4af71d

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:53 AM