CRM 4 Excel Export Log RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I would like to know if we can see exports by a user in XLS in the log?

Thanks

David

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 2:38 PM

Answers

• I don't know if there is a message - I couldn't find it and think it does not exist. But there is unsupported way. You may find aspx page for dialog which appears, when you try to export to excel and add your logger to the OnClick of OK button.
    Oleksandr Klymenko,
    My Blog: www.darkaxe.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:15 PM
  • Hi David,

Are you asking if crm logs when a user 'exports to excel'.  Out of the box no. 

One potential solution is to develop a plugin that logs this action.  I'm not 100% sure if there is a message corresponding to this, but I thik there is.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com

There are no message, Alex. Execute message fires when export is called. I haven't investigated, but may be it is possible to get some additional information from HttpContext.

Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

One potential solution is to develop a plugin that logs this action.  I'm not 100% sure if there is a message corresponding to this, but I thik there is.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 2:46 PM
  • Yes I would like to log when an user 'exports to excel'.

Do you have an idea how to develop this kind of plugin?

Thanks

David

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:03 PM
  • I don't know if there is a message - I couldn't find it and think it does not exist. But there is unsupported way. You may find aspx page for dialog which appears, when you try to export to excel and add your logger to the OnClick of OK button.
    Oleksandr Klymenko,
    My Blog: www.darkaxe.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:15 PM
  • Hi David,

There are no message, Alex. Execute message fires when export is called. I haven't investigated, but may be it is possible to get some additional information from HttpContext.

Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:18 PM