CRM 3.0 Laptop client offline with outlook 2007 not working RRS feed

• Question

• HI everybody,

I have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition for sbs2003 premium R2.

And I have installed SP1 with security updates with SQL Server 2005, Exchange Server service pack etc.

Now my CRm sever working but my laptop client with offline crm client installed on it cannot connect to the CRM server when I start Outlook 2007. He show the crm icon connected but after outlook started the icon crm become black and white and he give me two error message like what he cannot connect and have access. Then outlook CRM menu disapear in the outlook 2007 and the exchange database say disconnected.

I really dont understand because I can ping my crm server and domain name which is the same ip 192.168.3.50:5555

I can connect to the crm server web page also and I can nslookup too.

Very strange.

But I dont have VPN enabled. Maybe that is the problems?

Regards,

Nicholas 

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 11:33 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Curtis,

Thank youf for your help but I fixed the problem!

It was the Site Intranet trust option the problem on the laptop computer and also the enable cache log in option to be able to log in wihout the ethernet cable connected to the server 2003..

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Nicholas

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 12:58 PM

All replies

•  

Ok Nick, let's start with some basic troubleshooting.

If I understand this from lookikng at the IP address you cannot go offline now even though you have the laptop connected in the lan and within the forest, correct?

I see you applied SP1 for SQL server on the SBS box.  You applied the Service pack for that SQL version, correct?

Did you apply the service pack for the MSDE or SQL Express version on the laptop?

Can  you resove an system DSN to the SQL server from the laptop?

Let's start with those.

/:>

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 1:47 AM
  •  

Hi Curtis,

Thank youf for your help but I fixed the problem!

It was the Site Intranet trust option the problem on the laptop computer and also the enable cache log in option to be able to log in wihout the ethernet cable connected to the server 2003..

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Nicholas

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 12:58 PM