Renew Registration with new copy of Windows Live one care. RRS feed

• Question

• How do I renew my subscription with a store bought copy of windows live One Care?

It has a new product key but there's no where to enter it under the renew registration forms.

I uninstalled my original copy, I installed my new copy and I'm trying to register my new copy - when I sign in using my MsLive ID  I'm immediately brought to the forms for credit cards and my address information.  I already have a new paid copy and don't want to pay again.

There's doesn't appear to be way to use this new copy under my original MsLive ID..

Butch

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 7:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Rlaine

If you have a new copy of OneCare then you have to use a new Live ID as the old one is set to be used with the original copy of OneCare and that is the only way you can do it as you can't renew a new copy.

chuck

Friday, December 28, 2007 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Rlaine

If you have a new copy of OneCare then you have to use a new Live ID as the old one is set to be used with the original copy of OneCare and that is the only way you can do it as you can't renew a new copy.

chuck

Friday, December 28, 2007 4:47 PM
  • You may be able to renew the expired subscription by going to http://billing.microsoft.com and signing in with your LIveID, then selecting Renew for the OneCare subscription. It may offer an option to renew with a PIN. If it does, enter the retail product key and then wait at least 24 hours before activating with that LiveID in OneCare.

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 5:44 PM
  • Where is the answer to Butch's question? I have the same question, but I bought another because of the same problem.

Sunday, June 29, 2008 7:53 PM
  •  BZMc wrote:

Where is the answer to Butch's question? I have the same question, but I bought another because of the same problem.

How to Renew a Subscription to Windows Live OneCare

If you purchased a retail copy, but have not purchased another subscription without using your retail key, contact support to get the new subscription canceled. Then, reinstall OneCare, activate with the original LiveID and renew with the retail key per the above instructions.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, June 30, 2008 3:25 PM