Summarizing issues. Zentity 2.0 vs. Zentity 2.1. RRS feed

• Question

• Zentity 2.0.

• After installation WebUI works.
    • Dashboard: "Not Started" status for all resource types.
    • OData doesn't work. "An error while loading the data".

After importing data. With input 10, "Journal".

• Dashboard: "Error – creation cancelled" for Journal and "Completed" Person.
    • It took me 30 mins to wait importing.
    • OData now work but when I go to Explorer it can't find.

Powershell doesn't work.

I see only one solution. It is to go to source code.

p.s.: WebUI doesn't work in Zentity 2.1 on my PC.
    • Edited by ItSurfer Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:50 AM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:49 AM

All replies

• I made the data import step slowly. For 2.0.

The result differs. Here my ways.

• Dashboard (Status "Complete") -> OData "Fail. Please try again" [I close the tab].
    • OData -> http://x:y/Dataservice/ZentityDataService.svc -> Submit -> Journal [I go to items] -> Item -> Explorer -> Other in Explorer -> Details -> Pivot [Error].
    • Explorer Item -> Pivot [Error].
    • WebUI search work.
    It took me 40 mins. Parameters are 10, Journal.
    • Edited by ItSurfer Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by ItSurfer Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:18 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by ItSurfer Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:18 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:12 PM
  • After importing data to the Zentity it takes time to process the full data, Creating deep zoom images, relationships and association, blobs etc. This process is automated and it is done by the zentity services which checks and pick the unprocessed data at regular interval. So this is expected.

Also, for error things you can also check the log files in the respective website and services folder to know more about the errors/request status(pass or fail).

Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:41 PM
  • I can't understand one thing during reinstallation.

I added "qqq" tag in Zentity 2.0 then I clear all dbs (close all streams), uninstall Client, Server, deleted x86 folder Zentity, Zenity/Filestream. Seems everything should be clear...

but "qqq" tag appears again in new 2.1 installation. I tried to find "tag.cxml" ... there is no such file.

So where it comes from?

p.s.: I gonna check the error now.
    • Edited by ItSurfer Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:36 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:35 PM
  • No idea buddy. It might be because of windows/IE history. I will have to check it once. To identify please try using text in other forms or search field on windows or IE. If it is appearing other places also it must be because of Machine history.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 11:17 AM
  • I deinstalled IIS in a couple with SQL R2. Then after installation I had to reilstall .Net 4.0 and other features.

I started Dashboard everything is ok now.

Friday, November 4, 2011 12:14 PM
  • That's great!! But I still need to investigate into the Web UI error. For further issues do let us know.

-Thanks

Friday, November 4, 2011 12:51 PM
  • I think one way to find the reason is to compare is to Zentity 2.0 version.

In Z2.0 it's ok.

It also seems to me that "Dashboard Status" works in a strange way on my PC.

I mean "ZentityDataImport" application. I installed Z2.0 and imported PubMed data after a while (about 2 hours) I found that Person Status is "Publishing Intermediate Collection".

Ok. Then I decided to delete it. It took me 30 mins or an hour. The result is:

Zentity.ScholarlyWorks Person 0
      Publishing Intermediate Collection

Zentity.ScholarlyWorks Journal 0
      Deleting Existing Collection

Zentity.ScholarlyWorks Patent 0 Patent.cxml 
      Not Started

Zentity.ScholarlyWorks Tag 0 Tag.cxml 
      Not Started

One more question. There is no more deep information on how ZentityDataImport.exe works. 

I mean questions:

1. Does it import data from Internet (there is repository name "PubMedOnline")?
    2. What is search term? Why do we need it if it receives only Journals?
    3. Should I delete previous import f.e. 10 if I want to import 50? Or I can just add next 50 (what about the same fields).

And the main Questions.

There is a doc "Zentity Version 2 - Getting Started Guide" is see there is a dashboard with data count that don't div on 5. 

If I use Zentity Data Import I can't add 1 or 2  fields. Only 5,10... The question is why "novice import data" (from ZDataImport) differs from "developers data" in this examples? Look at Figure 16-B: Zentity Dashboard screen.

Also I can find that there is 2 floors tree on Figure 11: Visual Explorer – Relationship details on Click 

but I can't create it following the documentation. Is it connected with the issue of data import.

Ps.: I was writing you a message. Now Journal status is "Copying New Collection" other types remains the same. (I'm deleting imported imformation).

Friday, November 4, 2011 1:22 PM
  • Hi,

Aplogies for the delayed response on all the recent threads.

Creation of published collection will take time. Import of the resource is entirely a different process than creating deep zoom images and so they are handled by a couple windows process which takes the unprocessed data and process it. There is no way that the import data process can send any notification about avaibility of new data and start these services on demand.

You can force start the service by calling the last (4th) command explained in USpresidentDataImport in Getting started guided. Which is

. .\PublishingService.ps1

·         Run the below Cmdlet,

Create-ZentityPivotCollectionFromResourceType

Also, if you are facing more difficulties in starting with Zentity then I can provide a casual knowledge sharing session to you (a live meeting type online). Please let me know if you are interested.

-Thanks

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 7:06 AM
  • That can be very helpful for me.

I decided to connect a software part of my diploma work with Zentity and its features. I have 1-2 month of preparation to explore required features and dive in Zentity architecture. This is the reason of number of my questions.

What should I do to make conversation more productive?

How can I send my coordinates?

P.s.: That will be very nice idea. I would like to grab, summarize installation and adjustment experience before conversation. It will take me maximum 2 days.

_______

It could be interesting. The topic is "Working with  unstructured data"the idea came to me from "To blob not to blob topic" Microsoft Research. Main issues are:

• data storage (HDD file saving or DB),
    • how better to structure data,
    • best ways for visualizing (are there alternatives to existing folder structure).

Zentity is nice opportunity to manage data and knowledge. Furthermore it's open source and extensible.

Three parts:

1. Informational (forming the problem),
    2. Software (Zentity),
    3. Mathematical (Poisson process model in data access. Forming the problem, finding a solution).

• Edited by ItSurfer Wednesday, November 9, 2011 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 2:13 PM
  • I can only discuss the second point, Zentity. Its architecture, layers details, and the customization options that Zentity provides along with some common functionalities.

It will be held online and you need to install Microsoft Office Live meeting 2007 Client from Microsoft site.

You can provide me your convenient date and time with the time zone, any date on and after 21<sup>st</sup> November. In the mean time I will prepare myself for the session.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:42 AM
  • That's nice. I'll have some time for reading all documentation docs and look into source code.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:16 AM
  • Good.

-Thanks

Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:40 AM
  • Hi,

Did you decide on the date on which we can have the knowledge sharing session. Please update me with date, time and timezone if you have planned the date.

Regards

• Edited by Kalnemi Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:51 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

Would it be possible to hold another Live Meeting session?

was your last session from November 2011 recorded? if yes, is it possible to download the past session?

i want to learn more about zentity. i have version 2.1 installed.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:53 AM
  • The earlier session didn't take place. We can have a session where I will share whatever I know about Zentity and its customization. let me know of your preferred timing and time zone.

-Regards

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:02 AM