R1 CWA to access OCS 2007 R2 (for Blackberry Enterprise Server) RRS feed

• Question

• We have deployed OCS2007 R2 and all is good was good with the world, however we now need to link this into Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES).

BES uses CWA to access OCS, but does not support or work with OCS 2007 R2.

I have seen references to installing an OCS 2007 R1 CWA on an OCS2007 R2 platform to work with Blackberry, but I have not maanged to get this to work.

After I install OCS 2007 R1 Communicator Web Access on my 32bit server the installation does not recognise that OCS is in the AD and requires activation. When I try to Activate it does not detect OCS exists within the domain quits.

If I try to install the OCS 2007 R1 Communicator Web Access on the 64bit server that is currently running CWA for R2 the installation appears to recognise that OCS exists within AD and continues. I am then able to create the Virtual Directory, but this does not work!

I have tried exporting the CWA Virtual Directory and web application from the 64bit server to the 32bit and am able to start the web site, but when I try to access the site I get “Service Unavailable”.

Any guidance to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone actually managed to get a OCS2007 R1 CWA to work with R2?

### Thanks ###
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:10 AM

All replies

• We are running CWA R1 with OCS R2 for the very same reason! In our case we did side by side migration without removing the "old" CWA. That works smoothly but of course we're missing features of the new CWA.

Johann Deutinger | MCTS Exchange 2007 / OCS 2007
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:07 PM
  • Thanks for responding.

Do you have complete OCS 2007 R1 and R2 platforms, or do you just have OCS R2 with a CWA R1?

Can you give me some tips on how I can get this working?

I'm sure this shouldn't be as hard as I'm finding it!
    ### Thanks ###
    Friday, March 27, 2009 10:56 AM
  • we did the same thing

and did in a test enviro first

as long as the Domain is already preped for R1 then you can install a CWA R1

if its not preped then just prep with the R1 CD

btw it requires top level admin tights to the domain (ie Administrators group in the highest domain)
    so if your doing the domain test.enviro.com you need to have a user in the Administrators group in the enviro.com domain
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 1:16 AM