Error 0x80180114 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently started getting messages when I open Outlook, or a MS Office program about my computer's software not being genuine MS. I ran the validation process. It acknowledged the Windows XP Professional, but not the Office 2003. The operating system and the MS Office 2003 suite was preinstalled on the laptop (Compaq Presario) and it came with a COA, a disk called Microsoft Windows XP Critical Security Updates, a disk called Operating System CD Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1a (has a note showing only for destribution with an HP or Compaq PC, an Application Recovery CD (containing software applications already installed), a Driver Recovery CD, and a disk called Documentation Library Compaq. We have owned this computer at least six years and it's just started this. The error code for Office 2003 is 0x80180114. What's going on? Is there a work around for this problem? I'll bet HP/Compaq has sold jillions of laptops with preloaded software. I can't be the only one having this problem...
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:22 PM

Answers

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:23 PM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:23 PM
  • No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:04 PM