can a goal be associated to a territory and multiple LOBs RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement to let the end user enter goals data by territory and grouped by multiple LOBs.

In CRM on Goals, I can see the territory look up so I suppose it supports the goal-territory link out of the box.

My question is how can I associate a goal to multiple LOBs using out of the box functionality?

OR do I have to create a custom entity given the requirements?

Do I map a product category to a goal metric?  Is it possible to link a goal to multiple goal metrics?

For example: my goal is Sales for the state of Texas can track my target and actual revenues for X different product categories?  Please note that the State of Texas can offer X different product categories ( drinks, snacks, cigarettes) and the state of California can have drinks, snacks, cigarettes, prepared foods.

Thank you!

Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It sounds as though your requirements are moving into Data Warehouse reporting territory. If you want to do this using the out of the box goals, you'll need to define a different goal for each of your product/territory combinations - each with their own rollup queries.

You could define the product goals as sub-goals to the territory goals.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:16 PM
    Answerer