none
Can't Post From iPhone RRS feed

• Question

• Is it a known issue that when using the safari browser on an iPhone the keyboard will not open when attemping to reply to forums posts? I am fairly sure that until recently I was able to post from the iPhone.

John Marcum | http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/jmarcum |
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:38 AM

Answers

• Guys, I discovered a workaround that can be used as the first step of solving this issue:

• Go to Notes Application on your iphone and write anything then copy it.
    • go to the forum and click reply, then click on the bulet (ordered list) button on the HTML editor, you will see the effect of this click on the HTML editor.
    • hold on the HTML editor area, then you will see the paste option and you can safely paste and remove the listing.

The problem is when you click submit, you got a JavaScript error, Which I couldn't solve that.

hope this will be a starting point for a solution...

Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:37 PM

All replies

• Hi John, Not sure it's the same, but I am posting from an iPad. You should be able to post via an iPhone using safari. Hope that helps, Jeff Willis
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:33 AM
  • That's strange. When I open a post in safari and click reply I am able to login and the space where I would type my reply opens but the keyboard on the iPhone doesn't open up so I can type.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:52 PM
  • Has anybody seen a resolution for this yet? It is as John says - even on iPad: you can reply, but you can't open a new post.

Or is everybody still using those "fat laptops" ;-)

Carsten

Monday, September 13, 2010 7:15 PM
  • I'm glad it's not just me seeing this issue. I really wish it'd get fixed.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:18 AM
  • I don't believe nobody else has come across this problem, so I'll give this thread a push. Even this is an MS forum, I am pretty sure that a lot of you own and use these nice Apple gadgets called iPhone an iPad. At least some mods or admins should get their hands on all kind of different end user devices to test this forum software. Come on, I can't believe that this is a big issue for you. It seems for some kind of reason you are not able to "activate" the rich text input box in a new post. And because of this the on screen keyboard on iPhone and iPad will not appear. In replies There is a plain input box which is why we have no problem to reply with our gadgets. Please....
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 3:42 AM
  • Bump for making forums more iCombatable.
    Friday, February 11, 2011 11:29 AM
  • Bump for making forums more iCombatable.

Do you see an HTML button?   If so, try it.  Then you can add some HTML that would make the Edit box appear more amenable to editing.   I see something related when using Google Chrome and deleting too much from text that I am quoting.  In that case I have to go into HTML mode, insert a BR and then I can add my comments outside a blockquote.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, February 11, 2011 3:23 PM
  • From my iPad no I don't see the HTML button... Mostly I see

Server Error in '/Forums' Application

Runtime Error

yatta yatta yatta yatta yatta

Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:49 AM
  • Mostly I see Server Error in '/Forums' Application

Runtime Error

Surely that is a different symptom than what the OP would be describing?  So, you see that "mostly"?  What  else  do you see?   <eg>
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 3:01 AM
  • if i connect to msdn.microsoft.com and hit the forums link, i usually see the categories page.  sometimes, like just a few moments ago, I can get to and read a thread. If I try to reply, i get the no keyboard symptoms. Today, swithing to HTML mode got me another "server error"

I've tried 3 different browser apps and they all behave similarly.

I had to RDP into another machine just to post this.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:50 AM
  • Yeah, I experiance the same issue, which is a shame, because I spend 4-5h a day on a train, and that would be perfect forum time!
    Peter Carter-Greenan http://sqlserverdownanddirty.blogspot.com/
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:05 PM
  • Guys, I discovered a workaround that can be used as the first step of solving this issue:

• Go to Notes Application on your iphone and write anything then copy it.
    • go to the forum and click reply, then click on the bulet (ordered list) button on the HTML editor, you will see the effect of this click on the HTML editor.
    • hold on the HTML editor area, then you will see the paste option and you can safely paste and remove the listing.

The problem is when you click submit, you got a JavaScript error, Which I couldn't solve that.

hope this will be a starting point for a solution...

Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:37 PM
  • Any updates on this issue? Thanks!
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 3:48 AM
    Owner
  • you can type inside the Rich text box, but you still cannot click on submit ( Still not working )

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:02 PM
  • So does anybody know the technical reasons why the submit button doesn't work on the iPhone?

Is this a common problem with iPhone on other sites?

I know we've got some bugs logged on iPhone already, but it would be good to get as much information as possible to speed this along.

And everybody who uses iPhone is having this issue with the Submit button?

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Monday, October 31, 2011 8:22 PM
    Owner