CWA integration with OWA RRS feed

• Question

• Any plans to integrate Communicator Web Access with Outlook Web Access?  It would be nice to run these on the same server to reduce firewall/DNS/certificate requirements, but more importantly from a user point of view, it would be nice to log into one web portal and view both applications on the same screen.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:05 PM

Answers

• That is a great suggestion. I haven't heard of any specific plans, but they have merged the 2 groups, exchange and OCS into the Unified Communications group and are working more and more on integration. I would think this would be at least thought of for the next version.

I will submit this as product suggestion and post here if I hear anything more.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:18 PM

All replies

• That is a great suggestion. I haven't heard of any specific plans, but they have merged the 2 groups, exchange and OCS into the Unified Communications group and are working more and more on integration. I would think this would be at least thought of for the next version.

I will submit this as product suggestion and post here if I hear anything more.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:18 PM
  • Have you had any feedback from Microsoft about that feature ?

Integrating CWA with OWA would be really interesting as a lot of enterprises are looking for web-based applications nowadays
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:17 PM
  • While we wait for CWA and OWA to become integrated, is it at all possible to install both apps on the same box today ?
    Are there any issues ?

This does not eliminate the firewall/dns/certificate footprint just yet, but at least it saves me one machine in small environments.
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:00 PM