SCUPA - a Remote Call Control for the none-certified OCS phones RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, :)

a lot of people using Communicator still like the option to remote call control a phone. Fortunatly, it seems that someone has listen to this wishful thinking, especially for the one's using none-certified OCS phones from snom . (this is not related to traditional RCC with 3.party SIP ua CSTA ecma TR / 87 gateway or TAPI approach!)

If this idea is in your interest, please check out:

SCUPA - a Remote Call Control for the none-certified OCS phones

btw:
    If you have not seen it yet, take a look at the contact list on a Snom 820 OCS Edition:

100% - WYSIWYG ;)

Have fun and Regards,
    Jan

Jan Boguslawski | Consultant IT Infrastructure | MCSE, MCTS OCS | ITaCS Berlin | www.itacs.de
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:32 PM

All replies

• Jan,

Is there an English version available yet?

Drago
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:39 PM
  • Hi Drago,

yes it is in the MSI file. During installation you can select to install the DE or EN version. I don't know atm if the MSI is respecting switches for a mass deployment. but I guess if not, an upcoming version will support it.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Boguslawski | Consultant IT Infrastructure | MCSE, MCTS OCS | ITaCS Berlin | www.itacs.de
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:59 PM

• WOOOHOOO - THANK YOU!!!!!!  Or rather - thank whoever created SCUPA!

This looks like the small but extremly important piece of software I have been missing for my Snom phone users...

MOC one click calling, but using your Snom phone.

I'm assuming it answers the phone from the desk too?  I'm off to test...

Regards

Paul Adams
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:25 PM
    short update:

1. SINC expects to fix the Win7 x64 issue soon and plan to public release SCUPA tommorow :)
    2. SINC is an long-term experienced MS Gold Partner, beside other's specialized on Corporate Desktop Rollouts, Mass-Deployments & Management. It is self-evident for the team to respect all options for MSI install switches from the first second. :)
    What a promising coincidence, - maybe SINC can help us with Snom OCS edition mass-deployment & management soon, who knows :)

SCUPA definitly proves SINC know their stuff and how to handle UCMA 2.0 :) Remember its the SDK base for a lot of onboard OCS R2 roles, features and services! Attendend Console - a whole new OCS R2 softclient was made of UCMA 2.0! Seems to be very powerful - in the right hands :)

regards,
    Jan

Jan Boguslawski | Consultant IT Infrastructure | MCITP: EA, MCTS OCS, MCTS EXCHANGE | ITaCS Berlin | www.itacs.de
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:24 PM

SCUPA release v1.05 is now public available, EN and DE included in one MSI:

Just Click for the EN description and download page!

Klick einfach hier für die DE Beschreibung und den Download!

If you understand german, you should have a look in the current fact sheed pdf file at the project homepage! Hot Desking, Roaming Settings, Corporate Desing etc. for the Business version, sounds pretty promising :)

(btw: the x64 Win7 issue is planned to be fixed with the next release.)

Enjoy playing with SCUPA !

Regards,

Jan

Jan Boguslawski | Consultant IT Infrastructure | MCITP: EA, MCTS OCS, MCTS EXCHANGE | ITaCS Berlin | www.itacs.de
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:02 PM
  • Can someone give me a rundown of how this works without downloading it? Does this do RCC over SIP or something to the Snom handsets?
    Friday, October 30, 2009 3:05 PM
  • Hi Justin, :)

I guess you read the blog post, which shows the user interface & frontend part. You like to get more details. I am sure what your are looking for is described in the snom WIKIPEDIA, FAQ's, and KB articels. One example:

Can I control my snom phone remotely?

It is pretty simple, isnt it? As you can see, it is not RCC aka ECMA TR/87 aka CSTAoverSIP aka uaCSTA. And it does not need any thirdparty server.

Maybe this will lead you quickly to the questions: How can this be secured? How to protect the phone? etc.

As stated before, atm it is a Proof of Concept. The rest: roadmap, version features, etc. can be found at the blog-post .

btw: SCUPA is based on UCMA 2.0 SDK , which is from my point of view the base for some kind of "Next Generation Business Applications" from Microsoft itself and its thirdparty Software vendors. Your are familiar with the new R2 client Attendant Console, you know what App's are in the UC-APP-Role in R2 Frontendserver (like Outside Voice Control, Conference Anouncement, Response Group etc. ? All of them are based on UCMA 2.0 SDK, which allows you to do virtually everything you can imagine in OCS infrastructures like notifiy bots, presence based apps, up to your own feature complete audio & video endpoint software...

Regards,
    Jan

Friday, October 30, 2009 6:52 PM
  • That's really cool! I didn't know snom phones could be remotely controlled over HTTP. This basically fills the gap and brings the snom OCS phones up to par with Tanjays in terms of feature set.
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 1:18 PM