none
STILL BILLING ME FOR MICROSOFT MONEY-- HELP PLEASE!! RRS feed

• Question

• Please help. We are still being billed  automatically from our checking account ($5.95/Month via automatic payment from checking withdrawal) even after 2009!!!  We have tried to contact microsoft billing, and have spent endless amounts of time trying to stop this problem, and have ended up nowhere.  We thought the $5.95 charge being deducted each month was the online billing fee for using our Chase bank online bill pay feature, so we never questioned it...UNTIL I was standing in the bank last month and noticed a sign saying that online bill pay is FREE! Then where has our $5.95 per month been going for the last 3 years???? Microsoft, please help us rectify this situation.  Thank you very much.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:49 PM

Answers

• It's not Microsoft. It may be CheckFree that took over the bill payment service integrated with Money. I suggest looking at your bank statement or records to see who is billing you.

If you want to switch over to web based bill payment from your bank, notifiy the service to discontinue service. If you can't find that, I suggest changing your password at your bank.  Expect to schedule payments by web browser, and expect to download bank statements by web browser.

• Marked as answer by DonelleMills Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:44 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:59 PM

All replies

• It's not Microsoft. It may be CheckFree that took over the bill payment service integrated with Money. I suggest looking at your bank statement or records to see who is billing you.

If you want to switch over to web based bill payment from your bank, notifiy the service to discontinue service. If you can't find that, I suggest changing your password at your bank.  Expect to schedule payments by web browser, and expect to download bank statements by web browser.

• Marked as answer by DonelleMills Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:44 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:59 PM
  • Thank you so much for your help.  After hours and hours of endless phone calls and investigation, you knew exactly who to contact.  I spoke with a cust. service rep. (from CheckFree-we had to sign up on their website to find a contact number because our bank statement did not have any information as to who was billing us-just a bunch of useless numbers that didn't mean anything). After a lot of explaining and convincing, she suggests I write a letter, explaining that we never used the online bill pay service over the four years, but she doubts we will see any type of reimbursement (a total of $285.60) was taken from the account. 

Thanks again for your help!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:48 PM
  • I just noticed that I've had the same issue with my checking account since they're using a generic name, I thought it was my bank charging me for the convenience of using online banking. The name that appeared on my checking statements is "External Withdrawal ONLINE BILL PMT BILL"

For anyone having the same issue, the number you need to call is 1-877-238-7277. They'll ask you for your name, your zip code and your username. In my case I didn't know what that username was so they were able to confirm my account info when I provided them with the check account number where the founds have been withdrawn.

I think I wasted as much as 5 years of $5.95/month, which comes out to approx $357.00 for a service that I never used. With a sneaky name like "Online Bill Pmt" they were able to get away with stealing my money so easily!

I'll never do anything with MSN Money as I don't want to deal with a similar situation ever again.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:44 PM