System.IndexOutOfRangeException error in Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.TransferService.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Twice now I have eceived the error messahe An unhandled exception ("System.IndexOutOfRangeException") occurred in Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.TransferService.exe [4916] from the Virtual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger.  I am looking for any ideas to correct this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joel

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:12 PM

All replies

• Do you have Virtual Studio installed on your Server?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:55 PM
  • Sorry, I should have mentioned that the error message comes up on my desktop computer, not the server.  I do have Vitrual Studio 2010 installed on my desktop, not on the server.  I also have a TV tuner on my desktop and record shows with Windows Media Center.  Media Center then archives the TV shows over to the WHS 2011 machine.  This lets me watch the recorded shows on any PC in the house.  I assume the Archive Transfer Service could be moving TV shows to the server (but that is just a guess.)
    • Edited by JMarkus Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:54 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:45 PM
  • I don't have "TransferService.exe" on either of my WHS boxes nor on my W7 clients. An Internet search suggests it may be something to do with archiving as you suggested. I can't help more than that I am afraid.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:29 AM
  • Thanks Phil.

I found the full file name (Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.TransferService.exe) at two locations on my Windows 7 system.  The directories and fileinfomation is as follows:

C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin  - 03/02/2011  01:54 PM            83,840 bytes
    and C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.TransferService\6.1.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35  - 07/20/2011  12:48 PM            83,840 bytes.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:18 AM