Create user using CRM 2011 wcf services RRS feed

• Question

• I've used the following code in a C# console application to create a user under the default organization TestOrg1. Now the user is created but when I browse to this organization using the url ... http://myservername:5555/testorg1/main.aspx it sowing that the "Specified Organization is disabled". On the deployment Manager I can see the organization state is "Enabled".Prior to adding this user there were no such issues.

I'm using CRM 2011 On-premises deployment and frond-end,back-end,deplyment and database  server are on separate machines . the code I used is the following :

const string BusinessUnitEntityName = "businessunit";
                const string BusinessUnitIdColumnName = "businessunitid";
                const string ParentBusinessUnitIdColumnName = "parentbusinessunitid";
                const string SystemUserEntityName = "systemuser";
                const string FirstNameColumnName = "firstname";
                const string DomainNameColumnName = "domainname";
                const string LastNameColumnName = "lastname";
                const string IncomingEmailDeliveryMethod = "incomingemaildeliverymethod";
                const string OutgoingEmailDeliveryMethod = "outgoingemaildeliverymethod";
                const string PersonalEmailAddress = "personalemailaddress";
                const string InternalEmailAddress = "internalemailaddress";

string organizationUrl = string.Empty;
                Guid userId = Guid.Empty;

// use the discovery service to obtain the IOrganizationService endpoint for
                // the specificed organization.
                Uri serviceUri = new Uri("http://192.168.1.37:5555/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc");

IServiceConfiguration<IDiscoveryService> serviceConfig
                    = ServiceConfigurationFactory.CreateConfiguration<IDiscoveryService>(serviceUri);

// use the credentials of the current user
                ClientCredentials credentials = new ClientCredentials();
                credentials.Windows.ClientCredential = new NetworkCredential(CRMAdminUser, CRMAdminUserPassword, CRMServerDomain);

// Connect to the Discovery service.
                // The using statement assures that the service proxy will be properly disposed.

using (DiscoveryServiceProxy proxy = new DiscoveryServiceProxy(serviceConfig, credentials))
                {

// Retrieve details about a single organization discoverable via the
                    // Discovery service.
                    RetrieveOrganizationRequest request = new RetrieveOrganizationRequest
                    {
                        UniqueName = "TestOrg1",
                        AccessType = EndpointAccessType.Default,
                        Release = OrganizationRelease.Current
                    };

// Execute the request
                    RetrieveOrganizationResponse response = (RetrieveOrganizationResponse)proxy.Execute(request);

// retrieve the IOrganizationService Uri
                    organizationUrl = response.Detail.Endpoints[EndpointType.OrganizationService];
                    //organizationUrl = "http://192.168.1.37:5555/TestOrg1/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc";
                }

// use URL obtained by the discovery service to connect to the IOrganizationService endpoint
                Uri organizationUri = new Uri(organizationUrl);

IServiceConfiguration<IOrganizationService> orgServiceConfig
                    = ServiceConfigurationFactory.CreateConfiguration<IOrganizationService>(organizationUri);

// The using statement assures that the service proxy will be properly disposed.
                using (OrganizationServiceProxy orgProxy = new OrganizationServiceProxy(orgServiceConfig, credentials))
                {
                    //orgProxy.ServiceConfiguration.CurrentServiceEndpoint.Behaviors.Add(new ProxyTypesBehavior());

//orgProxy.Authenticate();

// Retrieve the default business unit needed to create the user.
                    QueryExpression businessUnitQuery = new QueryExpression
                    {
                        EntityName = BusinessUnitEntityName,
                        ColumnSet = new Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Query.ColumnSet(BusinessUnitIdColumnName),

Criteria =
                        {
                            Conditions =
                {
                    new ConditionExpression(ParentBusinessUnitIdColumnName,
                        ConditionOperator.Null)
                }
                        }

};

// Get the business unit id from the returned entity
                    EntityCollection entities = orgProxy.RetrieveMultiple(businessUnitQuery);

Guid defaultBusinessUnitId = entities[0].Id;

//Populate an entity with data for a new system user.
                    Entity entity = new Entity(SystemUserEntityName);

entity.Attributes.Add(DomainNameColumnName, "crm\\tuser2");
                    entity.Attributes.Add(FirstNameColumnName, "tuser2");
                    entity.Attributes.Add(LastNameColumnName, "De");
                    entity.Attributes.Add(IncomingEmailDeliveryMethod, new OptionSetValue(inEmailAccType));
                    entity.Attributes.Add(OutgoingEmailDeliveryMethod, new OptionSetValue(outEmailAccType));
                    entity.Attributes.Add(PersonalEmailAddress, "rrr@yahoo.co.in");
                    entity.Attributes.Add(InternalEmailAddress, "rrr@rediffmail.com");
                    entity.Attributes.Add(BusinessUnitIdColumnName, new EntityReference
                    {
                        Id = defaultBusinessUnitId,
                        Name = BusinessUnitEntityName,
                        LogicalName = BusinessUnitEntityName
                    });

userId = orgProxy.Create(entity);

}

Please help me in resolving this issue
    Monday, August 29, 2011 10:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Did you mean that you created a systemuser whose name is "tuser2" , logging the crm system with "tuser2",  and then the crm system promt you that the specified organization is disabled?

did you assign any role to the "tuser2"?

daemon lin
    Monday, August 29, 2011 12:28 PM
  • Thanks for your reply

I added the user account "tuser2"  to the Tenant Organization "TestOrg1" which is the default organization now when i try to browse the link http://myservername:5555/testorg1/main.aspx , I get the message that the specified Organization is disabled. See the screen shot below.

I've not assigned any role to the "tuser2"

Monday, August 29, 2011 12:49 PM
  • Have you customized the area with the error at all or is that native?
    Blake Scarlavai - http://mscrmdev.blogspot.com/ - Sonoma Partners - http://www.sonomapartners.com/
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:54 AM
  • Any ideas on this? Also I've used the code included in the document "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Service Provider Planning and Deployment Guide"  to create an organization. The organization is created successfully but in the deployment manager it's state is showing as "Pending".
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:57 AM
  • I don't think it is your console app code.  I think something is wrong with the 'Visor' area where your error is.  I would run Fiddler while browsing to the main.aspx page and see what url is failing.
    Blake Scarlavai - http://mscrmdev.blogspot.com/ - Sonoma Partners - http://www.sonomapartners.com/
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:07 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. I'm going to try this.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:10 AM
  • I did run Fiddler while browsing to the main.aspx page and could see couple of HTTP 401 responses they are :

POST http://192.168.1.37:5555/TestOrg1/AppWebServices/MessageBar.asmx
    401 Unauthorized (text/html)

GET http://192.168.1.37:5555/TestOrg1/_controls/ribbon/RibbonLayout.js.aspx?hierarchy=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&id=EntityTemplateTab.activitypointer.NoRelationship.SubGridStandard.Mscrm.SubGrid.activitypointer.MainTab&ise=1&lcid=1033&mver=562305670&oc=0&rver=736893761&ver=1716711896
    401 Unauthorized (text/plain)

Also on the CRM front-end server on the application event log I found the following warning

Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 8/30/2011 11:12:27 AM
    Event time (UTC): 8/30/2011 5:42:27 AM
    Event ID: db961ab222d542e998de17989c3b99b4
    Event sequence: 741
    Event occurrence: 12
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-129590894870731138
        Trust level: Full
        Application Virtual Path: /
        Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\
        Machine name: CRM2011FE1

Process information:
        Process ID: 1260
        Process name: w3wp.exe
        Account name: CRM\CRMAPPSVC

Exception information:
        Exception type: CrmException
        Exception message: The CRM organization you are attempting to access is currently disabled.  Please contact your system administrator
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.ValidateOrganizationState(IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetUserInfoCommon(IOrganizationContext context, Guid userGuid)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetCallerAndBusinessGuidsFromThread(WindowsIdentity identity, Guid organizationId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.CrmWindowsIdentity..ctor(WindowsIdentity innerIdentity, Boolean publishCrmUser, Guid organizationId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.WindowsAuthenticationProviderBase.Authenticate(HttpApplication application, WindowsIdentity userIdentity)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationStep.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipeline.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Request information:
        Request URL: http://localhost:5555/Tools/InPageHelpProxy/InPageHelpProxy.aspx?sitemappath=Workplace|MyWork|nav_dashboards
        Request path: /Tools/InPageHelpProxy/InPageHelpProxy.aspx
        User host address: ::1
        User: CRM\Administrator
        Is authenticated: True
        Authentication Type: Negotiate
        Thread account name: CRM\CRMAPPSVC

Thread information:
        Thread ID: 25
        Thread account name: CRM\CRMAPPSVC
        Is impersonating: True
        Stack trace:    at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.ValidateOrganizationState(IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetUserInfoCommon(IOrganizationContext context, Guid userGuid)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetCallerAndBusinessGuidsFromThread(WindowsIdentity identity, Guid organizationId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.CrmWindowsIdentity..ctor(WindowsIdentity innerIdentity, Boolean publishCrmUser, Guid organizationId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.WindowsAuthenticationProviderBase.Authenticate(HttpApplication application, WindowsIdentity userIdentity)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationStep.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipeline.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Now all the organizations when browsed for the main.aspx page is showing the same nagging message "The specified organization is disabled" just above the Dashboard.

Users can still be created and organization and user information can be retrieved and on the Deployment manager the organization status is "Enabled".

Any ideas. I'm stuck here.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:24 AM
  • No I have not customized the area with the error its still the native one

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:56 AM
  • Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:31 PM
  • thanks a lot . The above thread helped me in solving the problem. 

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:17 AM