Storage Balancing RRS feed

• Question

• Storage Balanced On date is 5 days ago, but I thought storaged was balanced every hour with PP1? (I have 4x500gb drives with 37% free).  There have probably not been any changes in the shared folders in last 5 days, is this why there's no balancing? Thanks.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 8:42 AM

Answers

•  Candy Snow wrote:
    Storage Balanced On date is 5 days ago, but I thought storaged was balanced every hour with PP1? (I have 4x500gb drives with 37% free).  There have probably not been any changes in the shared folders in last 5 days, is this why there's no balancing? Thanks.

I don't know about PP1 beta, but with RTM, sometimes the Console gets stuck.  Open the Console, but instead of typing the password for the server, click underneath where it says Options.  Then click Reset the Windows Home Server Console.  Then try accessing the Console again and see if it shows a more recent date.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 1:15 PM

All replies

•  Candy Snow wrote:
    Storage Balanced On date is 5 days ago, but I thought storaged was balanced every hour with PP1? (I have 4x500gb drives with 37% free).  There have probably not been any changes in the shared folders in last 5 days, is this why there's no balancing? Thanks.

I don't know about PP1 beta, but with RTM, sometimes the Console gets stuck.  Open the Console, but instead of typing the password for the server, click underneath where it says Options.  Then click Reset the Windows Home Server Console.  Then try accessing the Console again and see if it shows a more recent date.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 1:15 PM
  • Gosh kariya21, you're absolutely right. Thanks.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 3:13 PM