Serversettings in Live Meeting Console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I´m not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but it´s related to Communicator Group Policy Settings.

We have a OCS 2007 EE environment with a single server at the moment. Everythings running very good except of one thing.

We don´t use Automatic configuration for Communicator and set the server names and transport by using group policy. The advanced settings in communicator client are configured right with the server names entered in the group policy, but not the advanced options in the Live Meeting console. They are simply empty.

I can enter the servername manually, but this is not what we want our users to do. It should be configured by policy.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks

Chris

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 3:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is what I've seen on a previous post but we're also experiencing the same issue as you, Live Meeting settings are empty.

We're using OCS 2007 Standard and deploy the server settings/transport via a GPO using the Office Communicator .ADM.

It sets the server settings for Communicator under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator and Office Communicator works ok, but according to the Communicator_2007_Group_Policy_Settings.xls (and the information below) it should create entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared\UcClient to allow Office Communicator and Live Meeting Console to work.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

The registry keys listed below in Table 2 are shared between the Microsoft Office Live Meeting client and Microsoft Office Communicator. When you install one client, these registry keys are created and provisioned for both clients.

Table 2.   Registry keys shared between Microsoft Office Communicator and the Microsoft Office Live Meeting client  

Registry Key                     

Description

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared\UcClient\ServerAddressExternal

Specifies the server name or IP address used by a federated contact when connecting from outside the external firewall.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared\UcClient\ServerAddressInternal

Specifies the server name or IP address used by the client when connecting from inside the organization’s firewall.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared\UcClient\ServerSipUri

Specifies the SIP URI used by the client when connecting to Office Live Meeting, the Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook, and Office Communicator.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared\UcClient\Transport

Defines the network protocol used by the client: Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), or Transport Layer Security (TLS).

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:53 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Can you update this post? Is this still an issue with the RTM version?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:29 PM
  •  

I am noticing the same thing with Live Meeting. I have my external and internal servers set via GPO. However, Live Meeting does not accept these settings? Anyone know why? Thanks in Advance!
    Wednesday, January 9, 2008 8:35 PM