dynamic worksheets RRS feed

• Question

• hello crm community,

i have a few difficulties regarding dynamic worksheets.

let's go:

1. i click on opportunities and select an entry.
    2. i have already designed an excel sheet that should be used as the main sheet.
    3. this sheet should be "filled" with data from CRM
    4. I regularly want to update the designed sheet by just clicking a "refresh"-button in excel to have my designed excel-sheet up-to-date.

how do i proceed??

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:07 AM

Answers

• you need to have outlook client installed on your system to have this function enabled...

installed outlook client and point to correct organization and this should start working..

Hope this helps..

MayankP My Blog My twitter
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:51 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• if you use dynamic worksheet function and then when excel sheet gets generate save on your disk and open this excel and design the excel as per your requirement...

and this sheet will be always be up to date when you open excel or click on refersh button...

check following article for the same..

http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2010/02/pipeline-management-with-excel-microsoft-dynamics-crm.html

are you getting any problem while getting up to date data?

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:10 AM
    Answerer
  • hey maynkp,

thanks for your quick answer. the link is also very helpful.
    the dynamic worksheet is principally what i'm looking for.

BUT: i need to create such a dynamic worksheet for the list, when i click on "opportunities".

however, when i click on "opportunities" and "export data to excel", the "dynamic" function is disabled - i only have the choice between the static worksheet function... :(

so how do i get the "dynamic worksheet" function to be able???

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:25 PM
  • you need to have outlook client installed on your system to have this function enabled...

installed outlook client and point to correct organization and this should start working..

Hope this helps..

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:51 PM
    Answerer