Two computer won't cleanup RRS feed

• Question

• I have 5 computers setup with WHS. All are working great. Two computers won't cleanup. By that I mean I have backups from 8 months ago. I have cleanup set to 2-2-2. Any suggestions on what to do? I even set 20 of the backups to delete at next backup and did a cleanup but those those two still won't delete older backups. The other 3 no problem.

Thanks,

Marion

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:33 PM

Answers

• Just did a reinstall. The server is now trying to cleanup. Hope it goes well. So far so good. The repair I did after the reinstall said all is well and everything checked out.

Marion

• Marked as answer by marion babich Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:05 PM
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:31 PM

All replies

• Can you try a repair of the backup database?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:26 PM
  • Did that Ken but didn't solve it. I'm doing another repair now.
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:38 PM
  • If a repair does not help, you could try either deleting the affected computers from console for a while or directly deleting the entire backup database starting backup from the scratch.

Does your server show any related errors or warnings in the event log (maybe NTFS file system issues or something like that)?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:02 PM
  • Just did a reinstall. The server is now trying to cleanup. Hope it goes well. So far so good. The repair I did after the reinstall said all is well and everything checked out.

Marion

• Marked as answer by marion babich Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:05 PM
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:31 PM