Trying to transfer subscription to a new computer RRS feed

• Question

• I have an active subscription to Live OneCare. When I try to follow the procedures to activate on my new computer, OneCare can't find my subscription status. When I try to follow the instructions to contact support, I'm taken into a loop and am never able to enter requested information such as product ID, etc.

VERY frustrating!!!

What should I do??

Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello skagwaypilot, this usually happens when using an incorrect Live ID. If your older computer is still accessible open One Care>Help>About and you will see the Live ID associated with your One Care subscription. If you cannot recover your Live ID please contact support for help with retrieving this information. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2 

Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:49 PM
  • Jim.. I still have the computer which has my One Care Subscription.. The expiration date is 4-17-09.. I've been a subscriber for more than 2 years.

I know my Live ID and password but the system will not accept it - it says there is no record of my subscription.. also, the "About Live OneCare" on my working Live One Care does not show the ID associated with the subscription. I have receipts to prove that I paid.

Is there a real person that I can talk to?? The menu's just take me in a circle. I follow all the instructions and get nowhere.. Have you tried them lately? They seem to be broken.

Monday, September 22, 2008 7:12 PM
  • Have you checked your mail? I sent instructions for reaching support to the e-mail address in your profile yesterday.

Monday, September 22, 2008 7:52 PM
  • Just checked it again.. I did not see a message. Did you sent it to my Hotmail ID?

Monday, September 22, 2008 8:25 PM
  • WHOOOPS!!! Just found it... Thanks!!!

Monday, September 22, 2008 8:31 PM
  • Thanks for the help!! I was able to get my subscription transferred to the new computer.

Monday, September 22, 2008 9:31 PM