none
Disabling authentication feature in window HPC

Question

• Dear all,

Currently, we are facing issues with HPC where job remains in the configuration state after submission. The reason we found out that it's due to active directory issue which happens time to time in our client environment. For us, having active directory authentication in HPC is really not that important. Is there any way we can disable this authentication from HPC itself. This will remove HPC dependency with active directory.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Puneet

Puneet Sharma

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 6:29 PM

All replies

• What version of HPC Pack you are using?

This is only possible in HPC Pack 2016 which allows cluster non-domain joined.

Qiufang Shi

Friday, August 18, 2017 4:31 AM
  • Hi Qiufang,

We are using HPC Pack 2012. Is there anything we can do there?

Thanks,

Puneet

Puneet Sharma

Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:59 PM
  • Puneet Sharma, I'm afraid AD authentication is a must for HPC Pack 2012.

Qiufang Shi

Monday, August 21, 2017 2:24 AM
  • Hi Qiufang,

That's fine. Is there any other solution/idea you can suggest us to handle the issue. Below is the definition of the issue:

"We deployed HPC in one of our client's production environment. Time to time we observe that few jobs are stuck at configuration state. This is due to the active directory issue happens time to time. So these jobs get stuck at configuration state, and we have to explicitly cancel these jobs and submit them again. I wonder if there is  a way for jobs to re-try for the authentication in configuration state."

Also, I realized that job is in the configuration state as it might be waiting for the correct credentials. I wonder how to automatically provide those credentials.

Please help us here.

Thanks,

Puneet Sharma

Monday, August 21, 2017 5:57 PM