Hit limit of authorisations of Office 2003 RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I installed my single-user, standard edition MS Office 2003 on a new laptop - because the previous one didn't like the coffee I spilled into it - I had to telephone for an authorisation code. That all worked fine.

Now I want to upgrade the new laptop to Vista, which will mean re-installing Office again once the new Operating System is installed. I don't know whether this will be allowed, after having to get telephone authorisation the last time.

I dare not go through the Vista installation and then find I can't install Office. Does the authorisation mechanism recognise the laptop as being the same as before - and therefore, no, I'm not trying to use the software on multiple PCs - or do I run the risk of not getting telephone authorisation?

Saturday, April 21, 2007 7:38 PM

Answers

• Jonathan,

If you do not have Internet connectivity, or you choose not to activate Office by using the Internet, you can select the “Activate by using the telephone” option. To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1)      Start any Office program.

2)      In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next

3)      Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    Note You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.

4)      In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.

5)      Click “Next”.

6)      On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following KB Article should you have any problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.  Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter.  Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851.  Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Friday, May 4, 2007 9:47 PM