How do I move my upgraded Office 2007 software to a new system? RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure this is the appropriate forum for my question, but none of the other choices in the menu seemed to fit better.

I have a license for Office 2007 which was upgraded from an older Office 2000 license. I am about to purchase a new computer which will have Windows 8 (or possibly 8.1, but not the Professional version) pre-installed.  Based on reading the compatibility information for Windows I see that Office 2000 is not supported on Windows 8.x.  This being the case what are my options for getting my Office 2007 Small Business suite installed to the new computer?

Some background: The Office 2000 suite was originally installed on a desktop system running XP. When I purchased the Office 2007 SB upgrade package I simply installed it on top of the old Office 2000 version. Subsequently, I bought Windows 7 laptop. I used a 3rd party package (Laplink PC Mover) to move my supported applications over to the new laptop prior to uninstalling them from the old desktop system.  Will this same procedure work for moving appications from the laptop to the new desktop system, or is there a better way?

Monday, March 31, 2014 10:18 PM

Answers