Documents to send to Microsoft Student Rockstar Admin RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys, i have prepared one cover letter that we can send along with the requested documents by the admins.

What i am thinking is that, if we have a similar format, then it will become easier for the admins to look at it, and also will make their work less tedious and faster.

You guys are free to copy and paste this same letter and take print out and send it to the admin along with the other requested documents.
    Saturday, June 23, 2007 11:04 AM

All replies

• Saturday, June 23, 2007. [Change Date accordingly]

To,

Abhinav Bakshi,

Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd.,

Haryana - 122 002, India.

Respected Sir,

Myself, [Insert Your Name Here], one of the contestant of the Student Rockstar contest which started in the month of Feb 2007 on the website www.studentrockstar.com. I am sending you this letter because I have received an email from you stating that my name has been listed in the list of the tentative winners, and also a request from your side for sending photocopies of few documents for my identity proof. 

As per your requirements I am attaching the photocopies of the following documents for the proof of my identity and as well as my college information:

1. Photocopy of my College ID card – Attached with this letter.
    2. Photocopy of my XII Standard Certificate / Mark sheet – Attached with this letter.

I am also attaching a photocopy of my M.C.A. Fourth Semester recent results with this letter. [Change accordingly or delete if you don’t like]

My Personal information along with the correspondence/communication address is as follows which you can verify at your end on the website and also shall remain the same for sending the gift/award.

Name

:

[Your Full Name Here]

Date of Birth

:

[You know what to write here]

Address

:

[Insert your

Multiline Address

here]

[Your Phone numbers here]

Tentative Results

:

[Your Name] – XXst/nd/rd/th Rank (as on 23rd June, 2007) [Change date accordingly]

Email ID

:

[Your email address – same as passport ID]

Forums ID

:

[Put your Forums ID if you want, else del. This]

College’s Name & Address

:

Mentioned on the photocopy of my College ID card attached with this letter.

College’s H.O.D. Name

:

[Who ever it is]

College’s Contact Phone

:

[+91-xxxxxxxxxxxx]

College’s email address

:

[ keep this if you want ]

Thanking You,

Yours Faithfully,

[Put your signature here after taking out printout – Delete this before printing Stick out tongue]

[Your name here finally]

Saturday, June 23, 2007 11:14 AM
  • Thanks for this Harshil.

"But please mention too that - people are free to write in a  letter whatever they want."

And if Admin really want to easier their work they could attach a sample letter with their email ... naa... But they hv not....

I am not complaining u for the above u hv posted,

even u have done a awesome job for the people- who could nt write a letter by himself to admin in  a easier format.   

By the way Congrats to u for 1st position and all others in Rockstar Tentative list!!

All the very best for ur future and for MSP Status!!!

Thanks,

Yogesh

Saturday, June 23, 2007 11:23 AM
  • Guys,

Change the paper size to A4.
    Font : Calibri (Body) <---- This font comes by default in windows XP, dontknow about other OS.
    Font Size : 11

Doing this will fit the entire doc in one page, you guys are free to modify it as per your needs, but i recommend to keep it the same as it will be easier for the admins to assess.

Saturday, June 23, 2007 11:24 AM
  • Hey its good Harshil, even i was going to send a cover letter, but yours is better than mine.. so I think i will send yours letter only.. and also I advice everyone to follow a similar pattern. so that its easier for the Admins, and though they have not mentioned the cover letter.. i think its a must..

So do send in a cover letter without forget...
    Saturday, June 23, 2007 11:27 AM
  • Thanks Yogesh. Congrats to you also !!!.

I am now mentioning that
    "People are free to write a letter in their own format, or what ever they feel is appropriate. "

This letter is not a compulsion. The only compulsion is mentioning your postal address along with the other 2 documents mentioned, so that the admins can post the gifts/rewards/prizes Wink

My aim was just to help you guys, any of you must be having exams, so this can save their time, and also a reference, of what all things to mention in th covering letter.
    Saturday, June 23, 2007 11:28 AM
  • "Use this letter at your own risk "

There is nothing wrong in this letter, even i have sent this same letter. But this is just a formality i am mentioning so that no one points me out and comes complaining about something out of the blue.
    Saturday, June 23, 2007 11:33 AM
  • @ Harshil.

Well Said dear, Well their is no risk to send this Yaar

Saturday, June 23, 2007 4:33 PM
  • Yes man, i know there is no risk in this, but i just dont want anyone comming and saying to me that because of my letter so and so happened, etc etc Stick out tongue
    Saturday, June 23, 2007 6:16 PM
  • Ha ha ha... do u really think so.
    Sunday, June 24, 2007 2:16 AM
  • @Harshil, its a free ride, take it on your own risk.. so you dont need to worry about it...
    Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:40 AM
  • hunh. the place(building) where we have to send our letter is adjacent to my workplace, SAPIENT(starting my job from this 25th june).
    now i'm thinking whether to post the letter or give it by person to them.
    what do you all think?
    which 1 will be a better choice
    Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:08 AM
  • hey, lucky u.. drop it personally, and please give them one suggestion personally.. to give the notice of the safe retrieval of the documents by either mail or a new page where it shows the update status of the documents...
    Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:51 AM
  • Lucky, you can try meeting the admins Wink

Or after some time you may try your luck there.

And dont forget to suggest what varun mentioned.
    Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:21 AM
  • I don't think that the peoples present in gurgaon are the real admins..

may be they are held responsible for only distributing prizes. 

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:21 AM
  • Hey Sunil, we need a favour from you... As you said that you are just next to the building..
    Please can you go personally and find out the details of the competition,....
    We all are totally unaware of what MS is doing..
    People even tried calling at the MS office but nothing happened.. so can you please go and talk to them personally... it will be a great favour to all of us....
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:45 PM
  • Hey man if you do happen to go over there, also ask about the Microsoft Student Partner thing. When will they start the process of MSP. Things have stopped since the contest got over.
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 3:48 AM
  • why not?

but ppl, i don't get much time to go there & have a talk with them.

but i'll definitely try to have talks with them,if posible.

by the way, has any1 got any email to collect a prize

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:26 AM
  • No one recieved any mail... thatz why we want to you to go there personally and talk to them.. they are not even replying to any of the mails.. so please go and talk to them personally...
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:10 AM
  • even phone calls are not being welcomed.
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:52 AM