Ironpython import failure of specific submodules RRS feed

• Question

• First off, I am aware that Mono/Linux is not a supported platform, but please bear with me.

I am running Infer.Net 2.5b2 on Archlinux (64 bit) with ironpython (git head) and Mono 2.10.9.

Therein, the following imports fail:

Distributions.Array2DEstimator
    Distributions.ArrayEstimator
    Collections.Array
    Collections.Array2D

each with the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    ValueError: Interface not found
    Parameter name: interfaceType

The imports worked on Archlinux (32bit) with Infer.Net 2.4, so this is a possible regression. All other imports work as expected.

Could you tell me (1) where I can get Infer.Net 2.4 to confirm it as a regression and (2) if there is anything I can do to further pin down the reason of the import failure?

Apart from that, I would greatly appreciate it if you could have a look into a possible cause and fix.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:59 PM

All replies

• You can find the interfaces of Collections.Array here. This may help you track down which interface it was not able to find.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:51 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you for the hint, I assume you meant this link:

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/cambridge/projects/infernet/codedoc/html/t_microsoftresearch_infer_collections_array_1.htm

Looking at the Array<T> members, the only interface that is explicitly (I don't see a link for inherited methods) implemented is ConvertibleToArray.ToArray, which is a part of Microsoft.Research.Infer.Collections, so with the limited amount of information I have got this seems to me like a Infer.net problem and not one that is necessarily associated with mono.

On the other hand, I don't see any other reports of that specific problem, which you might expect if this was the case.

Friday, May 24, 2013 9:25 AM
  • That is just how the doc is printed.  The class does indeed implement all of its interfaces, otherwise it wouldn't compile.  Since this class works on .NET, it is clearly a Mono problem.  Since the error message is "Interface not found", I thought that you could get IronPython to be more specific.  Otherwise there's no way to know what the problem is.  You could try using these classes from C# in Mono, to see if it is an IronPython specific issue.
    Monday, June 3, 2013 5:22 PM
    Owner