Installation issue with VS2008, Sync Framework and Sync Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed

VS2008

CTP1Refresh (to keep up to date with the sync framework)

SQLServer Compact 3.5 (to gain ssce)

When I open and compile the SharingAppDemo supplied as part of \Microsoft Sync Framework\v1.0\Runtime\ADO.NET\V2.0\Samples\

I get the following types of errors

Error 1 The type 'Microsoft.Synchronization.SessionProgressEventArgs' exists in both 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Sync Framework\v1.0\Runtime\x86\Microsoft.Synchronization.dll' and 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Synchronization Services\ADO.NET\v1.0\Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.dll' C:\Program Files\Microsoft Sync Framework\v1.0\Runtime\ADO.NET\V2.0\Samples\SharingAppDemo-ColumnMapping\app\ProgressForm.cs 68 37 SharingAppDemo-ColumnMapping

I have looked at what is in the Microsoft Sync Framework directory and Microsoft Synchronization Services directory and I can see different versions of various dll.

So I am guessing that my installation is in need of repair. I have been unable to locate information as to what precise steps I need to take in order to use VS2008 to develop/explore the sync framework.

So any advice on how to produce a correct install would be appreciated.

Regards

Aidan

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 8:52 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:24 PM

Answers

• could you try to re-set the references to the sync service 2.0 assemblies ?

thanks

Yunwen

Friday, February 1, 2008 6:09 PM