CRM 2011 Customer Portal Invitation Code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am attempting to set up the Customer Portal with ASP membership authentication for my CRM 2011 setup. Currently in the web authentication tab of my contact the Invitation Code isn't created when I hit the Create Invitation Code button. I can manually type things in and save it but whenever I click the button the existing texts go blank. My understanding is that the button creates a unique id only. 

I can put in say, "EWECFWE8734TE" manuyally and save it. But when I create a user by going http://website/login?InvitationCode=EWECFWE8734TE I just get the normal login page.

The reason I am not using the email is because I haven't configured the email router.

Friday, June 29, 2012 6:34 AM

All replies

• If you are going to swap in your own membership provider, you will also have to implement your own invitation mechanism.  The ASP.NET membership provider doesn't natively implement an invitation mechanism.  The customer portal's invitation mechanism is designed to be used with Live ID and Azure ACS.  The commercial version of the portals from Adxstudio allow you to use CRM contacts and they also implement a mechanism for customers to directly sign up on the site without using an invitation code mechanism.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:41 PM