send report by email RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear All

I designed a report by reporting services and  want to send it from MSCRM directly (i.e. there is a button to attach email automaticly and send the email) without exporting it to any format and attach it to the email.

Can any on provide me with a solution?

Monday, August 25, 2008 7:35 PM

Answers

• I believe it sends in web archive format.

If you want to send directly from CRM, I would use the send shortcut action to send a CRM user a link to the report.

There is no out of the box functionality to automatically send a report in an email directly from CRM.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:11 PM

All replies

• If you want to have reports sent via email, you have to set up a subscription in reporting services report manager.

Another thing you can do to email someone a report from crm, go to report, select a report, click edit report.  On the report edit screen, you can click actions, and select "send shortcut."  This will create an email with a link to the report.

Note that the people who receive this will need to have crm user accounts.

To view crm reports, it requires the viewer to have a CRM User account.  If they don't, you will need to send an export of the report, or set up a subscription (which stores the credentials of one of the users), then you can send out the snapshot report automatically via srs report manager.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:50 AM
  • Thanks for reply

If you want to have reports sent via email, you have to set up a subscription in reporting services report manager.

By which format does this report will be sent? Can I choose user from CRM or I set users it in subscription, if so when I set subscription does a list i=of users will appear when I try to send the report.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:49 PM
  • I believe it sends in web archive format.

If you want to send directly from CRM, I would use the send shortcut action to send a CRM user a link to the report.

There is no out of the box functionality to automatically send a report in an email directly from CRM.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:11 PM
  •  

Yes I want to send report directly from CRM but to users who does not have CRM application.

I want any solution that makes me send report from CRM without exporting and attaching the exported file to the email.

Is there any development can be done as an example adding button, when clicking this button auto export the report to PDF format and auto open email and auto attach report to this email, if so please advice.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:12 PM
  • Wednesday, November 5, 2008 3:47 AM
  • You can write an extention that call's th reportserver and store the report (pdf, xls, ...) in memory and attach it to a new crm-email.

I wrote i as workflowextention but you can do it also for a button of plugin.

nice sample can you find here:

http://gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-to-create-crm-email-with-report.html

otherwise, you can contact me, and i will give you help.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 4:17 PM