CRM 2011 : Delete a field and move the change to a different environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I was working with CRM 2011 and i came up with a scenario which i have explained below:

Scenario: I was suppose to delete some fields of a particular entity in my DEV server, and then from here i was suppose to integrate these changes what ever i would do to my Integration Server.

Actual: I was not able to see the changes, that is the field that i deleted in my DEV are not reflected in my Integration server.

I can still see the fields which i had deleted in my DEV which was published correctly and exported.

Expected: The deleted fields from DEV should not be present in my Integration server.

Question: Why is my changes not reflected in the integration server?

Why is that the changes what i did is not part of my Customization xml? 

Is there any other procedure that i need to follow? Please help me if you know the answer.

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Krishna,

Thanks for clarifying the question. It is not possible to include deletions in the solution so any deletes on the Dev instance needs to be deleted from integration server as well. It is best tackled by documenting these steps when you are performing these steps in Dev instance so that when you want to perform sync with integration server, you can perform these steps as part of deployment. Unfortunately, deletion is something that cannot be automated. Hence this will need to be performed as a manual step.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, May 20, 2013 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am assuming there is some sort of sync mechanism used to sync Dev and Integration server. If you are using early bound classes, you need to regenrate classes using crmsvcutil again. Then the deleted fields wil be removed fro, the classes.

Hope this helps.

Minal Dahiya

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, May 20, 2013 10:11 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. 

Sorry if you did not get the question right. What you have suggested is not what i was looking for.

What you are saying is for the code, at the code level i do not want anything to happen.

ALL i wanted is when i move my changes to another server, whatever i had deleted earlier should not be present. This is CUSTOMIZATION and not at the code level 

Hope you are clear..., Do you have any idea?

Monday, May 20, 2013 12:14 PM
  • Hi Krishna,

Thanks for clarifying the question. It is not possible to include deletions in the solution so any deletes on the Dev instance needs to be deleted from integration server as well. It is best tackled by documenting these steps when you are performing these steps in Dev instance so that when you want to perform sync with integration server, you can perform these steps as part of deployment. Unfortunately, deletion is something that cannot be automated. Hence this will need to be performed as a manual step.

Hope this helps.

Minal Dahiya

Monday, May 20, 2013 12:28 PM