none
Sync Toy Parsing error

General discussion

• My PC was just re-imaged to Win 7 64 bit. Sync Toy installs just fine, but won't run, giving me the error:

Error parsing
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config
    Parser returned error 0x80070005

I tried repairing, uninstall/reinstall, new download and get the same error each time. 

My boss says this is a problem with permissions for that folder because when the image was created, under his ID, only he has the right permissions. Sync Toy does run fine when he is logged in.

Anyone encounter this or know a fix?

Hope this helps, Scott<> P.S. Please post a response to let us know whether our answer helped or not. Microsoft Access MVP 2009 Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA Technical Editor for: Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports and Queries

Monday, March 19, 2012 7:39 PM

All replies

• Right click the folder/File in the security tab (assuming you have the permissions to do so) add your account(the one you log into the network/machine with) with and assign the proper read/write permissions. The quick dirty way would be to add "Everyone" and set it to full read/write access but this is very insecure and not recommended for most things.

I wouldn't play around too much with this if you don't know what your doing you can easily lock yourself and everyone out fairly easily and it's fairly annoying to restore it when windows gets confused. That particular file can be restored easily by reinstalling Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 if you ever happened to lose it some how.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:59 PM
  • Thanks mmx. That was the first thing I tried. But apparently, even though I am an administrator on the machine, I couldn't change those permissions. After further research, this seems to be a well known problem, I was able to change the Owner of the C Drive to myself and then was able to change permissions. Sync Toy is working and doing what I need it to.

Hope this helps, Scott<> P.S. Please post a response to let us know whether our answer helped or not. Microsoft Access MVP 2009 Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA Technical Editor for: Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports and Queries

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:20 PM