Sync Between SQL CE and SQL ServerSample not working RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

We have downloaded the sample sync application to sync between sqlce and server from the following link,

http://blogs.msdn.com/synchronizer/archive/2007/02/07/demo-iv-offline-application-conflict-handling.aspx

But it fails to do the sync on second cycle.

Steps followed during the sync Process:

1) First we created the .sdf file by clicking on the synchronize button in the sample application as given in the read me file.

2) Inserted one row in the server Db and clicked on the Synchronize button.

3) Now the Client DB(.SDF) has rows created on the server, then we updated the same row in the client DB(.sdf) through the sample application.

4) Then we processed the sync between SQLCe and SQL Server.

5) Now I can see the changes in the serverDB and it reflects all changes done on the client.

6) Next we updated the same row in the serverDb and did the sync process.

6) Now the problem is the second time when I sync the same rows from server back to client, I can't see the changes in the clientDB(.Sdf).

If anyone came to know about this issue or any resolution for this will be of great help for me. Please let me know????????

Regards,

Jawahar

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:54 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Friday, February 6, 2009 11:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Jawahar,

this is a limitation/bug in the sample: the update trigger essentially cannot handle the batch update to records ( e.g. if a query update mutiple rows, it only update the metadata for the first row in the batch ), this , plus the sample code sometimes does update mutiple rows in a single query ( you can find this in the updateRandomRow code ), caused this issue.

This should be fixed and thanks for reporting this bug to us. meanwhile, you can make the change to the code to only update one row at a time.

thanks
    Yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:19 AM