none
Regarding certifications for WPF RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there everyone,

I am a software developer who is currently interested in getting certified in WPF and i am in the process of getting myself ready (this is a new technology in itself for me but i am familiar for most of the part since i have an ASP.net background. Is 70-511 the only certification available at the moment and it seems it is only valid for .net framework 4 (framework 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 have quite a number of changes I presume as far as WPF goes)? 

I am also not sure as to if this certification has prerequisites (i remember 70-536? as being one). Also, i would want validity on my certification and not be considered outdated by current standards.

Any help or pointers will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Lakshman S 

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:26 AM

Answers

• The only WPF exam is 70-511 (.NET Framework 4, Windows Applications):

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam.aspx?ID=70-511

I believe that it has not yet been retired, so you can still take it.

This has not been updated to newer versions of the Framework. The new exams about desktop applications are all about Windows Store Apps; WPF seems to have been abandoned from the point of view of certification exams.

The only benifits is that when you pass Exam 70-511: TS: Windows Application Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):

• MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications

Exam 70-511: TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 counts as credit toward the following certification(s):

Read more about it at Everything you want to know about the 70-511-C# exam

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:57 AM