none
How does one know what forum one is posting in? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just making this post so I can figure out how to make a new post.

On the main screen, there are some links down the left side which expand when clicked on, there are some checkboxes which appear to need checking (but I don't really know what they do not much visually happens when I check them).  There is an 'Ask question link' which I clicked on to see what it does.  Now however, there seems to be no visual indicator that I could see (ok I might have missed it - but I was looking) that said, what forum I was in when I clicked the 'ask question button, and, there is certainly (as far as I can see) any indicator on the screen at the moment that says which forum this post will end up in (there used to be a nav. link showing the hierarchy).

Regards

Andy

I did eventually find the 'my threads' option which for some reason is for some reason under a link called quick access.  I am not sure what I need to quick access since I have already accessed the forums by logging in.

Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:57 PM

All replies

• I'm just making this post so I can figure out how to make a new post.

After you click "Ask a Question" the name of the forum you are posting to should appear below the composition area where you enter your question, and above the Submit button.

Do you not see it there? If you think it should be above the composition area, I would agree with you.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Monday, June 24, 2013 12:26 AM