Wrong author info RRS feed

• Question

• I find it absolutely disturbing that Microsoft Academic Search has linked my name with another author. I was not registered with Microsoft Research Search until just now after discovering such appalling error. Apparently, my papers with my name  K.W. Ng was assumed to be Kam Wing Ng, which is preposterous. If Microsoft Academic Search is not sure of the author, do not simply assumed it with anyone out of convenience. I find this sheer incompetence. Microsoft Research Search should be more responsible and do a better job of finding out who actually the authors or co-authors are instead of making assumptions.

• Edited by Kok Weng Ng Saturday, March 23, 2013 4:23 PM
    Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! As Microsoft Academic Search is a beta website, we are working on improving author name-disambiguation and how publications are grouped by author. As we work on implementing improvements, there is a crowd-sourcing mechanism that allows users to add/edit profile information on the site. As such, users are able to add, edit, or remove publications from an author profile. You can find instructions in our help documentation. Alternatively, we are more than happy to work with you to ensure the author profile in Microsoft Academic Search is complete and correct. If you like, please feel free to send an email with the publications that should be removed and the URL to your author profile to acadfb@microsoft.com. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Monday, March 25, 2013 6:51 PM