Case activities and custom fields in customer portal using crm online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My customer needs a simple portal for their crm online instance where a customer can logon and print off a list of all of their active cases with any activities against it. Iis it possible to achieve this through the use of the customer portal. They would also need to have some custom views and custom fields added.

In addition to this is it possible to expose reports to the portal?

Regards

Matt

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:06 PM

Answers

• Those scenarios are all possible with the customer portal accelerator but some of them will require some small amounts of basic ASP.NET development.  Surfacing SSRS reports is not included in the portal framework though.
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Friday, May 27, 2011 2:26 AM

All replies

• Just for additional info, the minimum the customer would require is a list view of the cases on the portal with the ability to select different predefined views containing custom fields. In this case in CRM I could write the activity details to a custom field in the case and display them in a custom view on the portal. They would need the ability to print this off however.

The best scenario is for the list views to list each case with their related activities in a printable format (much like I might build in an activity report in CRM grouping by case), they would still require additional custom fields in each view.

Any help in understanding if this is possible with the customer portal accelerator using a crm online deployment would be greatly appreciated.

Many Regards

Matt

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:31 PM
  • Those scenarios are all possible with the customer portal accelerator but some of them will require some small amounts of basic ASP.NET development.  Surfacing SSRS reports is not included in the portal framework though.
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Friday, May 27, 2011 2:26 AM