Question RE Music Library... RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this... When I access my Vail box remotely via web access, the media library seems to have all the videos and pictures I've copied to the box, but it never seems to index/show all my music. Is has gotten as high as 8800ish out of 12000ish tracks. What have other people's experiences been with the music section of the media library?  Thanks. TT
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 1:15 AM

Answers

• Thanks Tim, yes we are hitting this during testing and planning to fix in next milestone. If this is the case you don't need to worry about data loss, instead it's our media cache didn't behave correctly.

And also, can you try run mstsc on you client into the server desktop, launch cmd window as administrator, do a iisreset and see whether the problem get fixed on website?

Thanks.

windows home server team
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 1:33 AM

All replies

• Thanks for raising this issue, Tim.

We are currently working on a known issue with very similar symptom, where only partial of the collection shows up after a large copy. Can you help to reboot the box and see does it fix the issue? if it doesn't can you try TS into the server, type "iisreset" in a elavated command line window and see whether it helps?

Let us know how it goes.

thanks.

windows home server team
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 9:16 AM
  • I've bounced ( re-booted ) my Vail box a fair number of times since I copied my media onto it.  Sometimes it lists around 4000 music tracks out of a total of about 12000, and most recently it has reached a high of just over 8000 listed.  I'm not very concerned about this since I have all my music on an iPod classic that I keep with me.  I was just curious if anyone else was having the same issue.
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 10:13 AM
  • Thanks Tim, yes we are hitting this during testing and planning to fix in next milestone. If this is the case you don't need to worry about data loss, instead it's our media cache didn't behave correctly.

And also, can you try run mstsc on you client into the server desktop, launch cmd window as administrator, do a iisreset and see whether the problem get fixed on website?

Thanks.

windows home server team
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 1:33 AM
  • I'll give that a try when I get home from the office.  Darn work getting in the way of my testing.
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 5:14 PM