Circle shows "Urgent - update your virus and spyware protection" RRS feed

• Question

• 3 machines on a onecare (ver2) circle, one a laptop.

Yesterday the laptop advised that it couldn't download updates for antivirus/spyware, I went though the help procedures suggested and eventually ended up re-installing one care.

Today both my other machines are reporting "Urgent - update your virus and spyware protection" (note a different message to my laptop, not saying it couldn't update just telling me to update).

I clicked on update and it shows checking for updates and then returns to say check for updates (seems no updates were downloaded).

There isn't anything wrong with my internet connection and I dropped the onecare firewall just to see if this made a difference (it didn't).

Is there a problem with the onecare servers? Has anyone else had this problem this weekend/

Thanks

Tom

Sunday, October 28, 2007 3:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Same here, 2 PC circle. First one went red, then the other about 12 hrs later. It's gotta be on the backend. Be nice if there was a notification of some sort.

Sunday, October 28, 2007 4:06 PM
  • I am also having this issue. It doesnt seem to find an update so it staying red.
    Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:42 PM
  • me too.

2 machines on a circle, desktop showed this 2 days ago, laptop was fine and it shows the red icon and message this am.  Manual update does not work.

Sunday, October 28, 2007 7:27 PM
  • See this announcement - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2332351&SiteID=2

I'm locking this thread to drive discussion to the update folder and the thread pinned to the top of the Update topic below announcements.

-steve

Sunday, October 28, 2007 8:05 PM