KMS with multiple product keys RRS feed

• Question

• I work in a school district with six locations (five schools and one administration center). We would like to use KMS to centrally activate our Vista licenses. However, when we purchased our thirty licenses of Vista, we purchased them as six sets of five.

When I follow the Step-by-Step Guide for KMS for Windows Server 2003, every time I add a product key, it replaces the previous key, rather than adding it to the existing keys. Can multiple KMS keys be added to a single KMS installation?

Thank you for any help you can offer.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hello,

This forum is dedicated to Vista validation questions. Please address any activation questions by following this link to Product Support Services. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 7:09 PM
  • This forum is for WGA issues.  Though there is some overlap, SPP deals with activation.  Activation is the process you go through when you enter your product key and activate.  Validation is the process you go through once you've activated to make sure the software you have is genuine Windows software.  You can read more about validation here: www.microsoft.com/genuine

Thanks for asking!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 9:27 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This forum is dedicated to Vista validation questions. Please address any activation questions by following this link to Product Support Services. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 7:09 PM
  • What is the difference between activation and validation?
     My question is directly related to SPP.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 7:26 PM
  • This forum is for WGA issues.  Though there is some overlap, SPP deals with activation.  Activation is the process you go through when you enter your product key and activate.  Validation is the process you go through once you've activated to make sure the software you have is genuine Windows software.  You can read more about validation here: www.microsoft.com/genuine

Thanks for asking!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 9:27 PM