In-place migration from 2011 to 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm trying to migrate CRM 2011 to CRM 2013. During system check I'm getting many error with the same message:

'Cannot open database "XYZ_MSCRM_NEW_MSCRM" requested by login. The login failed for user "DOMAIN\USER01"'

USER01 is sysadmin on SQL server. It's also weird because CRM 2011 database (don't know if it's important but it was imported from CRM 4 some time ago) name is "XYZ_MSCRM_NEW" not "XYZ_MSCRM_NEW_MSCRM". Also during system check I can see in SQL profiler messegase like below (one after another):

'Database "XYZ_MSCRM_NEW_MSCRM" does not exist. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.'
    'Cannot open database "XYZ_MSCRM_NEW_MSCRM" requested by the login. The login failed.'

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

everything is a matter of probability...

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:50 AM

Answers

• Yes, during DB import from CRM 4 to CRM 2011 we added "_NEW" to DB name. I didn't found any information that this is something that I shouldn't do. Anyway the workaround for this issue is to not choosing an organization during upgrade and after the whole upgrade process you need to upgrade database using deployment manager console.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:03 PM

All replies

• Did you rename CRM Organization database ? Default naming is <organization_name>_MSCRM.

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:51 AM
  • Yes, during DB import from CRM 4 to CRM 2011 we added "_NEW" to DB name. I didn't found any information that this is something that I shouldn't do. Anyway the workaround for this issue is to not choosing an organization during upgrade and after the whole upgrade process you need to upgrade database using deployment manager console.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:03 PM