none
Microsoft Sharepoint Designer 2010 - How to edit a simple HTML page RRS feed

• Question

• I was using Microsoft Sharepoint Designer 2007 to edit HTML pages.   I  removed Microsoft Sharepoint Desginer 2007 and installed Microsoft Sharepoint 2010.  Now I am unable to edit an html page. It gives a message  "  You must first open a web site before editing  external web pages." I don't want to open any web site,  I just need to open and edit a simple HTML file.  Microsoft Front Page 2003 and Sharepoint Desginer 2007 were working fine.  Please help me out
    Oru Eli, Rendu Eli Illai - Anjali
    • Moved by SachinWModerator Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:57 PM Not related to Forum ' MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions' (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Friday, May 14, 2010 2:15 PM

All replies

• As we shifted to being a powerful and usable toolset for SharePoint 2010, we securely attached to SharePoint. In other words, SPD focused at being only a SharePoint tool. Unfortunate for some, this means that you won’t be able to use its page editor without also having SharePoint. The page editor is only available when a SharePoint site is open. If you try to open a page in SPD without opening a site first, you will get the following error message. Microsoft Expression Web is our recommended tool for stand alone page editing.

original url: http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepointdesigner/archive/2009/11/02/sharepoint-designer-2010-new-shell-tour.aspx

Monday, May 24, 2010 1:29 PM