HP Pavilion Entertainment PC RRS feed

• Question

•  I RECENTLY PURCHASED A LAPTOP INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 7. WHILE BROWSING THE OPTION TO UPDATETHE ORIGINAL VERSION AS WELL AS A DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 7 OPTION POPPED UP. CLICKING BOTH TRYING TO EXIT I UPLOADED A COUNTERFEIT COPY OF WINDOWS7, AND MY COMPUTER IS ASKING FOR A KEY CODE I HAVNT THE SLIGHTIST CLUE WERE TO FIND, AND I DONT KNOW IF I CAN GET TO MY ORIGINAL VERSION REINSTALLED FROM OFF MY COMPUTER. TRIED GEEK SQUAD COULDNT HELP, TRIED MY COMPANY, GUESS I WAS SPEAKING AN TONGUE CAUSE THEY HADNT THE SLIGHTEST CLUE ON HOW TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE.... AT MY WITTS END

Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:42 AM

Answers

• Contact the manufacturer of your new computer and ask them for the procedure to return the computer to its original preinstalled Windows 7 operating system. Or see: Recovering the OS or Reinstalling the Operating System
    Carey Frisch
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:58 AM
  • You can order recovery disks from HP for a fee.  If you purchased a used computer that is several years old HP may no longer offer the recovery media for your model.  In that case you probably can get a recovery set from Recovery-Disks.com.  The recovery disks will restore the copy of Windows that originally shipped on your computer.  Depending on the computer's age that may not be Windows 7.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:24 PM
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:17 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Contact the manufacturer of your new computer and ask them for the procedure to return the computer to its original preinstalled Windows 7 operating system. Or see: Recovering the OS or Reinstalling the Operating System
    Carey Frisch
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:58 AM
  • You can order recovery disks from HP for a fee.  If you purchased a used computer that is several years old HP may no longer offer the recovery media for your model.  In that case you probably can get a recovery set from Recovery-Disks.com.  The recovery disks will restore the copy of Windows that originally shipped on your computer.  Depending on the computer's age that may not be Windows 7.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:24 PM
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:17 PM
    Answerer