Adios onecare, I can't say it has been a pleasure tbh... RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I switched from another antivirus program to onecare as I am something of a Microsoft junkie. I love office / access, vb.net sql server etc etc.

I have to say that onecare has been a nightmare which I have finally ended today and uninstalled from my networked pc's.

Over the past six or so months, I have spent dozens of hours trying to get onecare to work with SQL server, trying to contact support, trying to get rid of amber warnings that updates are required when in fact xp wouldn't apply the update I was repestedly told I needed! Last nights automatic update was the final straw. The update was applied to my machines during their overnight processing jobs which caused me hassles (it is not a configurable option of when to allow updates). Worse still, try as I might I simply could not get my network communicating!!

The solution?

I uninstalled onecare and my networked pc's and all is well again.

My personal feeling is that the onecare suite trys to be far too clever and tries to take too much control of the machines.

I will go back to the previous av suite I was using that never ever caused a problem for me in 3 years!

gl to those who sail with the good ship onecare Smile

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 4:51 PM

All replies

• Sorry to see you go, Jake, but I certainly understand. Thanks for sticking with it as long as you did.

-steve

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 7:18 PM