Cannot execute Turbo Delphi 2006 Explorer edition when user is protected by Windows SteadyState RRS feed

• Question

• I work in a computer lab in a school and I choose Windows SteadyState 2.5 to protect the PC's with Microsoft Windows XP.
    In this computer, the students use Turbo Delphi 2006 Turbo Edition. But, when protect (block) the user used by the students tubo delphi not start.
    I test unprotect the user and turbo delphi start. (But this solution is not good for the situtation).
    Blocking the user, I try disabling all protectitions, but delphi not start.
    I try with event manager but not regist nothing.
    I try run from console, the command is: bsd -pDelphi but don't show any message.
    Wath can I do?
    Thank's

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 10:49 PM

Answers

• This issue should relate to lock profile instead of "block programs" list you mentioned. If the block programs list is empty, it means that you have not blocked any program including Delphi. Thus, I consider this issue is a compatibility issue between SteadyState and Delphi.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:44 AM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Hardmaker, thanks for the post. What do you mean by "protect", "block"? Does that refer to enable the option "Lock profile to prevent the user from making permanent changes" under User Settings? If this is the case, I'd like to inform you that this is a known compatibility issue which had been reported once by our user in the forum.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Friday, April 3, 2009 3:38 AM
  • Hi and thank's for the answer. Yes I refer to option "Lock profile".
    I read a post at : http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/windowssteadystate/thread/1dc3f2e6-19cd-4345-b665-bb0e453fcc80/
    I read the preview issue, but I trying to solve the problem.
    But the tread end without solution.
    I think the problem is for the blocked programs.
    When Lock a profile there are a list of "enables" programs to run by the user and other list with "disabled" programs.
    But I not shure.
    Thank's
    Friday, April 3, 2009 11:54 AM
  • This issue should relate to lock profile instead of "block programs" list you mentioned. If the block programs list is empty, it means that you have not blocked any program including Delphi. Thus, I consider this issue is a compatibility issue between SteadyState and Delphi.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:44 AM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:10 AM